Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: VDR! - Weapon Teams Questions  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Tibson

• Bookworm
VDR! - Weapon Teams Questions
« on: February 03, 2018, 06:27:42 AM »
I was a little unclear on the rules surrounding Weapon Teams.  As I'm reading it, it seems like the only affects the team are unsaved hits, which effectively are the same as a killed crew member.  Am I missing something?  Or can Stuns and Wounds be ignored until the last HP is lost?

I've done a small solo game so far and I'm looking forward to introducing it to our group.

Edit: I realized you answered my question on the wargames vault site so thank you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:39:17 PM by Tibson »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: VDR! - Weapon Teams Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 07:02:45 AM »
I was a little unclear on the rules surrounding Weapon Teams.  As I'm reading it, it seems like the only affects the team are unsaved hits, which effectively are the same as a killed crew member.  Am I missing something?  Or can Stuns and Wounds be ignored until the last HP is lost?

I've done a small solo game so far and I'm looking forward to introducing it to our group.

Edit: I realized you answered my question on the wargames vault site so thank you.

Just to Show the answers also here:

Q. There don't seem to be any explanations concerning set-up weapons. Once they set up, do they have to do a move action to change facing? I sort of assume that's the case, followed by another set-up action if they want to deploy fully?
A: See P. 28, if the unit with a set up weapon wants to change the facing outside the Fire Arc/F arc they have to perform a move action and set up the weapon again.
See also: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=103145.0

Q. What happens in a team when 1 guy is Stunned or Wounded? Does the team simply carry on normally as long as one guy is Fit to Fight? How does this affect their initiative?
A: As long as one guy is fit to fight they can act normally. Quote from P.25 “Weapon Teams may only shoot if at least one crew member is still alive (the unit still has one HP or more).” So if one guy gets killed in a 2 man team, the 1 remaining solider can still fire.
BUT – if the second guy is only wounded or stunned, the limitation of P. 13 applies. “Stunned /Wounded units may only take Move or Regroup actions“
The stunned or wounded guy benefits from his comrade nearby. Quote from P. 18 “The unit has to roll below its Leadership characteristic on a D6. If a friendly unit is within Combat Range of the Stunned unit the roll is modified by -1.”
Initiative is modified as described on P. 14.

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Tibson

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 04:40:41 PM »
First I wanted to say we had our first "real" game last night.  The Germans were able to outflank the Americans in a game of Advance, modified to have 7 objectives rather than 3.  You can see the final positions in the picture that hopefully came through.  We realized at the end that we were doing some things wrong like giving figures both Infantry and Cover  saves.  But beyond that, the game flowed extremely smoothly.  We're excited about introducing the rest of our group to the system.

We did have a follow-up question concerning LMGs.  A lot of lists give the option to upgrade a unit from their existing Rifle to a LMG.  Lots of German lists have access to  the MG-42 LMG this way, but Soviet and Americans have those available as well.  When this option is taken, can the single guy take advantage of the Set-up/X special weapon rule, even when he's alone?  We played that he could, but it seemed odd having MG-42 class firepower in the hands of a single guy.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 06:04:18 PM »
First I wanted to say we had our first "real" game last night.  The Germans were able to outflank the Americans in a game of Advance, modified to have 7 objectives rather than 3.  You can see the final positions in the picture that hopefully came through.  We realized at the end that we were doing some things wrong like giving figures both Infantry and Cover  saves.  But beyond that, the game flowed extremely smoothly.  We're excited about introducing the rest of our group to the system.
Great, sounds like fun!

We did have a follow-up question concerning LMGs.  A lot of lists give the option to upgrade a unit from their existing Rifle to a LMG.  Lots of German lists have access to  the MG-42 LMG this way, but Soviet and Americans have those available as well.  When this option is taken, can the single guy take advantage of the Set-up/X special weapon rule, even when he's alone?  We played that he could, but it seemed odd having MG-42 class firepower in the hands of a single guy.

You did everything right!

ViDe seperates the LMG and the HMG.
The squad based MG-42 is of course the same weapon as the HMG, the usage is different.
As always in ViDe a bit of abstraction is called for.

MG-42 LMG 3 48” 2xD6+1 Set Up/3, Suppression
Used like this:

Properly set up with tripod and all you get the HMG weapon team:
MG-42 HMG 3 48” 2xD6+1 Set Up/4, Suppression
Support Teams have additional rules that reflect loaders etc. Same weapon but slightly different once set up properly.
See: HP/X, Weapon Team Abilities