Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2018, 01:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Lost Egg's Age of Bronze - Wargaming in Early Bronze Age Britain  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• librarian
Re: Lost Egg's Age of Bronze - Wargaming in Early Bronze Age Britain
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
@Nick Nascati - Agreed but for now these guys are just for playtesting and to give me a bit of practice with the GS as I haven't sculpted any figures for ages (they were 54mm scale anyway).

I wanted to make up some playtesting minis quickly (for me at least) then come back and sculpt up my own.

One reason for this is I am torn between 28mm(ish) scale and 40mm scale so I'm hoping that some playtesting minis will help make my mind up.
War Rocket - Space Battles in the Retroverse! Pew, pew, pew!!
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=106157.new#new

Age of Bronze - Wargaming in Early Bronze Age Britain
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=107264.new#new

Offline NickNascati

• mastermind
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 07:51:20 PM »
Ah, okay that makes sense.  Any idea if those 40mm Graven Images figures are actually available?

Offline Lost Egg

• librarian
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
Not any more but I have spoken to Steve and he has some  still but he can't find the arms for them. I managed to get a three from a LAF member. Steve did say there is over 100 minis in the range though most were never molded. There were even chariots. 8)

Offline Lost Egg

• librarian
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2018, 10:44:42 PM »
Progress has been slow as I've been busy making a Link costume for my son for World Book Day and various DIY projects at home...but I have finally finished building the first playtest warband. Behold the Sea Clan...

Here we have 3 Youths with warclubs and small shields, 3 warriors with slings, 3 warriors with spears & shields, 3 Veterans with light armour, spears & shields and a Curadh (champion) with light armour, a rapier & shield.

Again, I know these guys aren't bronze age warriors, just stand ins for a bit of playtesting. Apart from a bit of light GS work and sculpting the youths hurley inspired warclubs these guys were straight forward and fun to build.

Thinking about it I guess there's no reason I can't use my AoB rules for a Dark Age skirmish
  8)

Offline Lost Egg

• librarian
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 11:34:29 AM »
Well it has taken me quite a while but I have finally finished painting up my first warband for playtesting AoB...the Sea Clan...

I tried to keep the colours fairly natural and muted but I don't have much to go on for what was available in early-mid BA Britain so I've kinda guessed. I know these guys are all kinds of wrong for the BA, what with chainmail & iron weapons etc,  but until I sculpt something up what I want just isn't quite out there.

Before I start on the Sun Clan I'm going to build up and paint some minis I picked up from Salute so progress will, as ever, be slow...