Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Need Townfolk  (Read 8929 times)

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Need Townfolk
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
Good luck with your purchases and project.

Please post pics when you finish ...
argsilverson

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »
I find the German company Alionas has some really nice ones.
Good castings too when I ordered from them a few years ago.

Interesting, how are they based? Not on those huge, square hunks of metal one hopes.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:19 PM »
Good point. Now I can't be sure as I didn't order these particular figures (yet), but the ones I did get came with tabs for slottabases.

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 08:09:50 AM »
@TW, have you got any size comparison pics of the megaminis stuff? I've heard all sorts of conflicting reports about how big they are.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 08:53:33 AM »
One of my new favorite companys http://www.bronzeagemin.com/miniatures_html/25MM/FANTASY/Town%20Folk/Bar-maids.htm
I don't have this set yet but what I have got I love, so these should great too.  They are heroic scale and would mix well with Reaper miniature
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 09:31:53 AM »
I don't have this set yet but what I have got I love, so these should great too.  They are heroic scale and would mix well with Reaper miniature

I have already seen them and I love them... but its 21$ for 6 minis of a medium quality... theyre a lot expensive! :) I should just buy, whith this price, something like Artizan or Reaper minis!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »
Don't forget to post some pics to show us some progress once you have started. I'm always looking for some inspiration.  :D
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 11:55:29 AM »
I don't forget... Now I'm Working on the Inn, and it's becoming really good... Unfortunately It's raining outside, so I'll wait to post new photos... BTW I'ts called Othertime Inn, you can see the WIP in the Workbrench! :)

cheers!

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 12:38:42 PM »
Just to say Bronze Age figures are really much nicer than the web site shows, I don't understand why that is but I found it so.( ?but its 21$ for 6 minis of a medium quality?)   I really thought the same way and was very pleasantly surprised. (I have no affiliation with Bronze Age miniature just a fan)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »

I have already seen them and I love them... but its 21$ for 6 minis of a medium quality... theyre a lot expensive! :) I should just buy, whith this price, something like Artizan or Reaper minis!

Reaper is more expensive than that, actually. I think Bronze Age's quality is at the same level as Reaper or Artizan (for instance).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:54:27 PM by Rhoderic »
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »

Reaper is more expensive than that, actually. I think Bronze Age's quality is at the same level as Reaper or Artizan (for instance).
you're right, but buying from artizan or reaper you don't have to buy 6 minis together... I mean, I would like to buy 3 or 4 prostitutes and 2 barmaids, and I should be forced to buy 8 prostitutes and 6 barmaids... i think it's too much!

thanks bandit, that makes me more curios! :)

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »
I find the German company Alionas has some really nice ones.
Good castings too when I ordered from them a few years ago.

Interesting, how are they based? Not on those huge, square hunks of metal one hopes.

OK, ordered some of these on the strength of what I'd seen here. The figures don't have bases at all leaving you free to base them up as you like.

Size comparison with GW's Aenur:

Nice kit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:56:15 AM by Citizen Sade »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »
They look good! I think I will get around to ordering the lot today.  :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 03:31:23 PM »
Some of the old Citadel townsfolk currently on evilbay if you're interested?

Good luck
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.