Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686579
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello new site  (Read 61345 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Hello new site
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »
Thanks for the link, pictures do load and link to reports, I've just done it. A very timely post as I was scratching my head wondering where the gallery had gone!!

I normally load pictures at 800 pixels wide and they used to display fine on the laptop - now they are overlapping the page on my post, has anyone experimented with picture size on the new layout to find out what displays correctly?

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »
Um. Don’t know Ray. It’s disappeared for me as well 🙁
Will flag it to the webmaster.

Might have to have something to do with moderator rights.

Dunno... I did clear my cache, but still no gallery.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »
Just got the gallery back!

:)

And the images seem to work fine.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:50:55 PM by Ray Rivers »

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
A little thing but I'm not convinced the 'Notify' button works (y'know, so you get emails when your threads are commented on) - anyone else experiencing that? I tried toggling it too and it doesn't seem to be working...

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »
As you know the site admins have now fixed the problems with the gallery URLs (picture address) there are still a few errors hiding in nooks and crannies around the forum. I noticed one by people pointing out that the impressive array of Painting Club honours had turned invisible. The reason was that I had uploaded a jpeg-image with the honour badges  into the forum gallery and linked to it in my signature. I had to go to my profile and change the address from 'http:// www.lead-adventure.de/...' to 'leadadventureforum.com/...'

See attached image...

The above case is just an example of how this issue can appear. In the described case you can amend it yourself in your profile but should you need help, let us know.

We have another issue where avatars have become invisible. It seems to be browser or device related. We are still working with that one but will let you know when we have resolved it.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2018, 12:53:23 PM »
The Lead Apocalypse painting club badge survived across the domain change and redirects fine, but the Future Wars Painting Club: 101 Space Oddities didn't.

They are, however, both at the new leadadventures.com address if folk update their signature

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
Apologies if this has been covered (in this thread or elsewhere) - I've rarely been on the site the last few weeks. Happy that the move went well though.

I'm colourblind and I have trouble with reading users names on the dark green (e.g. "zemjw" in his reply above. I didn't have this problem on the old version of the site.

Can we personally change colours or can that combination be tweaked to assist those of us that are colour blind?
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2018, 09:31:34 PM »
And I just ran a search and the highlight of my search term (different colour in bold) is impossible for me to read. I don't think all colour matches occured from the old to new site. Thanks in advance to the mods.

Offline rokarege

• Assistant
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:37 AM »
A little thing but I'm not convinced the 'Notify' button works (y'know, so you get emails when your threads are commented on) - anyone else experiencing that? I tried toggling it too and it doesn't seem to be working...

Yep, not working for me either. Also tried to turn it off and on again, but it doesn't help.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2018, 03:36:34 PM »
Yep, not working for me either. Also tried to turn it off and on again, but it doesn't help.

I actually found my notifications in spam - something to do with the domain change perhaps?

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
I can confirm that gmail consider them as spam.

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2018, 11:30:44 AM »
After half a year off I was quite surprised by the changes. Not only because of the big banner-ad in the middle of the screen but also that I had to google the new address, because my bookmark was pointing to LA-minis website. Nevertheless I'm happy that this great community continues and that I can log in to my account without any problems. Good work! And a big "hello" from me to the "new" site!
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...