Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 8th May but doesn't end well  (Read 9053 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues The Law comes to Little Whiskey
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 02:30:03 AM »
Sir, in your search for Americanisms like "front porch", or stoop in the Appalachian country maybe, I'd like to offer the following two terms as possible descriptions of, well, you.  You are a catamount of a polecat, sir.  Yes, sir.  And you can take that as a compliment!  Well, maybe that description might be better reserved for one of those innocent lasses serving broth - I'm guessing there's some meat in that broth, too.   lol

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2018, 06:45:58 PM »
After nearly a month I finally got to play out the game The Law Comes To Little Whiskey. These are just a couple of incidents from the game.

With the thud of hooves on the hard packed desert highway, the Little Whiskey stage thunders in to town, its roof covered in strongboxes full of silver from the local mine. Chester who is driving, wipes the sweat from his brow, is it the hot desert sun or just relief that the first stage of this journey has passed without incident, even he’s not sure which.

He’s looking forward to a lukewarm beer in the Tail Feather Saloon followed by broth in the new brothel that’s recently opened in town, ahh the joys of civilised living, all the comforts of home he thinks. Mind you he usually sleeps in the livery stable and washes once a week in the horse trough.

However Big Jim has installed a pump that provides fresh (brackish) water, so now he doesn’t get too much straw mixed in with his beard afterwards. If only Jim had made the trough bigger, Chester could save the 10cents that Whiskey Jack charges for the use of the Bathhouse, although Bathhouse is a bit of a misnomer. It’s a bathtub round the back of the saloon, there is no ‘house’ to it, but the girls in the brothel stop serving broth to the smelliest customers in the height of the summer so needs must when the devil drives.

Drunken Donna makes it to the other side without falling over, what a constitution that girl has, she stares at the door into the office and like all drunks the world over thinks “why am I here, what did I come for, who am I” to which the universal answer is “I’ll have another drink and see if it becomes any clearer”

Pans back to get an overview of the situation, Billy and the coach are at loggerheads, Chester needs to get close to the Bank at the far end of town to unload his valuable shipment but Billy who is a stubborn young man has carried on down the street after his contretemps with Irene earlier and does not want to give way a second time.

"You’re on the wrong side of the road" says Chester – "No I ain’t responds Billy". The man with no name, riding shotgun looks nervous.

If you think you might be interested in reading the rest it's here
https://vagabondswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/western-adventure-law-comes-to-little.html

Like all my reports it goes on, so maybe make a cup of tea first.

And if it doesn't interest you, thanks for getting this far.
Cheers

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2018, 06:57:55 PM »
Great stuff as always  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 8th May but doesn't end well
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2018, 06:15:27 AM »
Another excellent report, Little Whiskey is not so little anymore, the town looks superb!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2018, 06:57:20 AM »
Oooh!  :o
Minis and table setup so well done and what a narration!
I was really carried away! Like watching a film! Superb!
You are doing a mervellous job!  :-* Many congrats!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2018, 01:03:17 PM »
Beautiful figures, buildings and terrain detail.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2018, 01:30:01 PM »
Love all those saddle horses at the hitching rails.  Little Whiskey must be the busiest town in the 'miniature' old west.  Why, there's all sorts of rustle to the bustle.  Speaking of rustle, where are the cattle?  Or were they scared away by the rattle of all that racket?

I fear it will be too long until we see Little Whiskey again - and that is a travesty.  May I be very wrong on that front!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
Great set up and story :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2018, 07:07:36 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyable read on you blog, with great photos of a top rate town full of action.

RMZ

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2018, 07:09:18 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyable read on you blog, with great photos of a top rate town full of action.

RMZ

He aint wrong.
 8) 8)

Top drawer offerings, as per usual, sir.
 :D

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2018, 09:50:18 PM »
Sorry, I've been away for a few days and just wanted to thank you for the kind comments and I'm pleased those who read about the great silver raid in Little Whiskey enjoyed it.
Cheers