Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Agis Aeon Trinity Battleground minis  (Read 5554 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Agis Aeon Trinity Battleground minis
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 04:43:19 PM »
Wow, now that‘s news from the past! We played the RPG back then, and my friends gave me battleground as a birthday present. With no tabletop experience whatsoever we utterly failed, but the seed was sown and it got. me into 40k which led to warmaster which led to WHFB and finally historics...

I still have the box and some extra Minis somewhere in case you‘re interested.

You ever try the other games in the RPG series?  I did very little Trinity (or Aeon, if you prefer the original name) but played the blazes out of the Aberrant prequel.  Barely touched Adventurer - loved the concept, but the font in the rulebook made my skull ache.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 05:24:36 PM »
Our main RPG back i the 90s was Werewolf the Apocalypse.
From that we branched into Vampire, Mage and even Changeling.
At one time we had a mixed Werewolf Mage group.

From the Trinity Story we played thru the Huang Marr story arc.
Then a bit of Aberrant.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 07:13:23 PM »
Nineties roleplaying nostalgia.  I played in a huge (16 players some nights) group that started with Vampire and gradually folded in all the other World of Darkness rules as they came out, although weirdly we never had many werewolves despite it being the second Storyteller game.  Not very well balanced in terms of power (oh, those Mages) but fun none the less.  I still have fond memories of my morbidly obese Toreador accountant.  :)

The Trinity and Aberrant games were later for me, end of the decade stuff.  Much more reasonable group size though, maxed out at four players.  Good stuff.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »
Thanks warboss!
What do you got? I am interested!

BTW - The new - slightly modified - background revealed during the KS is just great!
Last KS days...

I‘ve got the Boxed Set (just have to Look for the Spider harness, otherwise it should be complete) plus Lucifer (with Unit card). My first miniatures, mind, but as they‘d go to a good Home I‘m sure we‘d work something out.

We played mainly Vampire (including Most of the transylvania chronicles) and Aeon (pretty far into the story line) plus a bit of mage and werewolf. Always had a blast!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:22:47 PM by Warboss Nick »

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 07:00:41 PM »
If you can't find your spider harness, let me know.  I think I've still got that fig (in plastic) in a box somewhere, although I can't swear to it.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
Oh danm, Agis! I loved that setting, too...not so difficult to deduce from my nick, I guess!

I actually bought all the minis available for the Tabletop and still regard them as some of the best ever produced. On par with Mark Copplestone's Killzone and still standing up to modern 28s.

Aeon and Trinity were my great love in the White Wolf universe and I ran several RPG campaigns and also played the Tabletop a lot. I was pretty excellent as far as I remember, it only suffered severely from the uselessnes of grunts ( which actually worked only like a single model with several hitpoints) and the lack of playable factions. So I couldnt persuade anyone to play Qin or Doyen because they never produced models for anything apart from strike Team Psion and a few Aberrants.

And another damn: I just left Berlin for a new job, otherwise that would have been the perfect opportunity to bring out my stuff, meet with you and convince guys to collect Trinity: Battleground like they do Oldhammer in the UK!!!!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »
I‘ve got the Boxed Set (just have to Look for the Spider harness, otherwise it should be complete) plus Lucifer (with Unit card). My first miniatures, mind, but as they‘d go to a good Home I‘m sure we‘d work something out.

Thanks for the offer, but these I got as well! So need to part!

.... So I couldnt persuade anyone to play Qin or Doyen because they never produced models for anything apart from strike Team Psion and a few Aberrants.

And another damn: I just left Berlin for a new job, otherwise that would have been the perfect opportunity to bring out my stuff, meet with you and convince guys to collect Trinity: Battleground like they do Oldhammer in the UK!!!!

LOL, Divis Mal is indeed a small hint...

IMO with all the nice minis around these days, it should be possible to use a lot of other minis as stand ins.
Qin or Doyen - we also had no rules for them, or?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but these I got as well! So need to part!

LOL, Divis Mal is indeed a small hint...

IMO with all the nice minis around these days, it should be possible to use a lot of other minis as stand ins.
Qin or Doyen - we also had no rules for them, or?

Nay, neither Qin nor Doyen. And at least in my vision, the Aeon universe offered a lot of freedom to include other aliens. I particular liked a Gigeresque not-Borg species featured in the RPG „Zero“ as a greater enemy, when I GMed Aeon.

Necromorphs would fit in very well...and maybe Kajus? ;)

Offline Craig Oxbrow

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 04:39:52 PM »
Hello! As a writer on the Trinity Continuum core rulebook, thank you for the plug for the Kickstarter!

And as a very occasional miniatures painter, it's great to see the Battleground figures with such fantastic paint jobs. It's the main item from the original run which I didn't get, and I always regretted it - even more so after seeing this thread.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »
Hello! As a writer on the Trinity Continuum core rulebook, thank you for the plug for the Kickstarter!

And as a very occasional miniatures painter, it's great to see the Battleground figures with such fantastic paint jobs. It's the main item from the original run which I didn't get, and I always regretted it - even more so after seeing this thread.

Maybe new minis (or returning the old ones to production) ought to be a stretch goal?  RPGs have changed  a lot from the days of the original edition, and almost two decades of d20 influencing the market have done a lot to make players want actual minis for their games.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2018, 11:50:59 AM »
Maybe new minis (or returning the old ones to production) ought to be a stretch goal?  RPGs have changed  a lot from the days of the original edition, and almost two decades of d20 influencing the market have done a lot to make players want actual minis for their games.

I ask more or less the same questions during the KS (which is now fully funded over!), apparently Onyx wanted to concentrate on the book part only.
;)

I would love to see a dedicated small mini run of the classic Aeon Trinity Battleground  minis, but most of them could be done with great stand ins from Infinity etc. IMO

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 01:09:11 PM »
I'm not an RPGer, myself, but had I seen the 'wait and see' attitude, I would have done a word of caution.

I just heard from a person getting into Starfinder, and hearing his disappointment at the lack of usable figs. Yes, some are here/on-the-way, and I would have thought the punchouts sufficient, but NOOOOO.... ;)

Doug

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 05:19:56 PM »
???
What is the wait and see attitude?
Onyx never promised any minis...

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 01:55:33 PM »
???
What is the wait and see attitude?
Onyx never promised any minis...

Sorry, Agis.

I just meant that promising it as part of the KS may have garnered more interest. Not the 'wait-and-see' attitude of KS supporters, but the KS organizers. And, yes, I do see trying to do would add a lot of work/angst to the run up.

By the way, 'I just heard from a person...' was the most recent, not only, waiting on Starfinder figs moan I've heard.

Patience. When do we want it? NOW!  ;D

Doug

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 02:04:46 PM »
Ah got it!

I can only agree, some more goodies like special dice, minis etc. would have been cool.
But at least Onyx was very honest from the start.