Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warbands of the cold north 6 : Tre does it again!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline RAD

• Librarian
  • "If it doesn't hurt, it doesn't count"The Redeemer
Warbands of the cold north 6 : Tre does it again!
« on: February 19, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »
Tre Manor from Red Box Games is running a new kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-cold-north-vi-ulfhildrs-heroes/description

This time he goes for Njorns (Viking-like fantasy humans) and as usual his sculpts are absolutely gorgeous.

It's a short running KS: 12 days. The aim is to allow him to buy a casting machine for his business development.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: Warbands of the cold north 6 : Tre does it again!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:44:15 AM »
I like a lot of those but I recall folks saying his figs tend to the small side compared to most current ranges. Any confirmation of that?

Offline Bloodsbane

• Scientist
  • AKA FKSN
    • I'm a drawer
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:49:12 AM »
Is there a specific range you'd want to match them with? There are a lot of size comparisons available both on here and around the wider web, but if you're wondering about something specific I might be able to help out with some snaps.

To make a mainstream comparison, they're fairly close to GW's lotr figures in scale

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 02:09:16 PM »
Yes, most of my fantasy figs are from Reaper's ranges. Altho I recently picked up some Gripping Beast Vikings for a side project, I'd like to field a warband to include in our ASOBH games. It'd be a shame if they all looked anemic compared to the others. "Oh look! Here come Sven's Malnourished Norsemen, trying to get the treasure..."

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »
Yes, most of my fantasy figs are from Reaper's ranges. Altho I recently picked up some Gripping Beast Vikings for a side project, I'd like to field a warband to include in our ASOBH games. It'd be a shame if they all looked anemic compared to the others. "Oh look! Here come Sven's Malnourished Norsemen, trying to get the treasure..."

Can't speak for their Northmen but I can confirm Red Box elves being on the delicate side of things at least - here's one with a few of my Reaper minis:

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 05:12:38 PM »
Ah, thanks for that image. Very much appreciated. Nice sculpt but tiny. I wondered if with this KS/these figs, Tre had bumped the sculpt size up a bit to accommodate. I will keep an eye on this campaign, regardless. 

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:19:25 PM »
his norse aren't that tiny, it is mostly the elves, goblins and dwarves. His norse scale well with a lot of miniatures I have, like confrontation, helldorado, bronze age (he is same height but finer features than these), some reaper (some reaper is a lot bigger and some works perfectly with his, but that is Reaper's all over the place scale).

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »
His stuff also works perfectly with Blood Rage miniatures which made me very happy!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »
I'd love to see how you make Red Box scale w/ Bronze Age. In my experience, they are on opposite ends of the scale. Any comp pics?

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:13:16 AM »
I just took a picture showing the scale of a few different ones including Bronze Age but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a picture here. help?

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 01:38:55 AM »
I have not got to my Red Box project yet and don't really do kickstarters if I can help it, but the figs are great, the warband price is better, and I'd love to help Tre get set up as a caster, so I am pretty likely to go in on this one.  :-*

Also, he needs to do an elves KS next.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
I just took a picture showing the scale of a few different ones including Bronze Age but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post a picture here. help?

Upload the pictures somewhere, copy a direct link to the picture and paste said link into your message here in-between the codey bits the circled button here:

gives you, that should do the trick.

Offline madzerker

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 05:59:11 PM »
Ok, thank you! The attachment uploader wasn't working. Ok here are 2 Red Box Games, 2 Bronze Age, Reaper, Blood Rage and I think a Black Plague miniature. I think the Red Box norse and the Bronze Age work together pretty good, mostly the heads is the difference.

Offline RAD

• Librarian
  • "If it doesn't hurt, it doesn't count"The Redeemer
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »
Hmm a wonderful collection of norse barbarian you've got there Madzerker! Just in case, the KS is on its last few hours.