Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sir_shvantselot’s Dracula America project and gaming log  (Read 11343 times)

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
Re: Sir_shvantselot’s Dracula America project and gaming log
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 10:31:02 PM »
Other pics.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 09:03:48 PM »
Another cool game of Dracula’s America at the Pit Gaming Shop, Borehamwood. This time it was more like it.

We chose the scenario with loot counters spread across the terrain, which each of us placed in turn and had to grab for extra VPs on top of just whacking each other.

We each quickly grabbed the two near our respective deployment zones and then rushed for the third in the middle of the table.

The evil Confederate revenants pushes their four zombies up the field of battle as a highly effective meat shield. No point shooting them; you don’t get VPs. And they’re novices with fearsome so bad idea to charge. Not like they’re GW equivalent of WS2 being zombies and all...and they’re free. So broken.

My opponent was sneaking his actual crew behind them to get to the last objective.

But my opponent had foolishly decided not to use his stash from the last game, so I had two more novices, and two rifles and a shotgun against one rifle. So I just manoeuvred shooters round the zombies and shot anyone who got near the objective. Kind of like that scene with the telephone wire cutters in Enemy at the Gates.

And when the zombies got close to my gunline I charged in my one eyed vet with two handed sword, stupidly at a zombie behind some barrels with the advantage of fortified obstacle. So rolling one dice against 3 meant he got stuck there. But I also summoned a major entity in the form of Avatar Seamus who as a hero held down two zombies for a few turns.

That enabled me to get round the zombie shield and start shooting people.

Summoned Seamus got taken down in range of the zombie horde about to take him out totally in a crazed feeding frenzy, handing my opponent 3 points. So I just resummoned him as another major entity elsewhere. As that’s in my favour, that’s not broken. Rules is rules.

Eventually my manoeuvred gunline started blasting proper live Dixie scum and getting them downed; the one eyed doubled handed swordsman (Dice Bag Lady?) then took out the zombie and snuck up and hacked off the heads of at least two downed Confederates. But then took a bullet himself from old eagle eye - the only Dixie sniper and is now weakened. Which means he gets one dice in a standard fight! Not sure what to do with him...he has ornery too. Maybe give him a normal sword so he’s on two dice and gets a reroll?

So the game ended 9-5 in my favour. I rolled 3 ones a two and six for income, which was sad. Also my three in one event was getting my crew stampeded but thank the Lord only one dude getting injured - weakened!

Had fun though. Pics of my crew below. Seamus and the Dice Bag Lady dude holding down zombies too.

I must say it’s a fun game as the card activation mechanic is fun, it’s kind of like Malifaux light mashed with Deadzone in an easy to understand system but with some depth. And the models are easy enough to paint. Game played in a couple of hours.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »
Cool game, and great looking figures.

I know what you mean about some of your gang getting so battered from injuries you aren't quite sure what to do with them. I think you are right that your opponent made a mistake in saving cash, rather than getting more men in his gang.

Our confederate player isn't that aggressive with his Zombies yet, but they are still annoying as they get used as a shield.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 08:45:36 PM »
Cool game, and great looking figures.

I know what you mean about some of your gang getting so battered from injuries you aren't quite sure what to do with them. I think you are right that your opponent made a mistake in saving cash, rather than getting more men in his gang.

Our confederate player isn't that aggressive with his Zombies yet, but they are still annoying as they get used as a shield.

Thanks Fred. Reminds me of playing Gorka Morka. After about three games all the Orks were nuts and had frenzy. What do you play in DA? Do you have pictures or a blog?

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »
I've played both Dragon Tong and the Forsaken - LAF thread here http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=106830.15

But probably needs a bit of an update. The Forsaken posse is very beaten up at the minute, having lost their leader in the last game and having a number of wounded troopers too.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »
Another awesome game of Dracula’s America at the Pit Gaming Shop. Crossroads Cult v Crossroads Cult. We played the scenario where a lost soul between existential planes is wandering around and you need to grab em whilst in yours. The soul was an undead barman polishing his beermug for evermore.

We used the zombie rules and abused  them to place them in front of each other’s deployment zones.

My opponent foolishly spent two turns gunning his zombies down. I walked around mine, only for them on the direction dice to attack me in the rear!

I easily caught the lost soul with my heavily wounded and heavily over armed Dice Bag two handed sword dude which immediately secured me like four victory points.

My opponent failed to summon a couple of times and had been left poorly positioned because of the zombies. So I blasted a number of his guys off with rifles. And charged major entity Avatar Seamus into melee on the rocky hill, like a scene from Last of the Mohicans. Like that scene Seamus chucked someone off the rock dead. Then got shot in the head by Alan Quartermaine from Empire of the Dead, who I’m pleased to say I thereafter crippled with advancing riflemen.

It was a fun game and we will play with zombies again. But we have decide to roll 2 D6 from the centre of the board with direction dice as they stymied the game.

I won though, which means it was a great game.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
Bit dark but this is my Apache crew.

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 10:50:02 AM »
Great lookind posse! The spider is interesting choice for skinwalker :)

Offline Chuck1372

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 10:10:31 PM »
Another awesome game of Dracula’s America at the Pit Gaming Shop. Crossroads Cult v Crossroads Cult. We played the scenario where a lost soul between existential planes is wandering around and you need to grab em whilst in yours. The soul was an undead barman polishing his beermug for evermore.

We used the zombie rules and abused  them to place them in front of each other’s deployment zones.

My opponent foolishly spent two turns gunning his zombies down. I walked around mine, only for them on the direction dice to attack me in the rear!

I easily caught the lost soul with my heavily wounded and heavily over armed Dice Bag two handed sword dude which immediately secured me like four victory points.

My opponent failed to summon a couple of times and had been left poorly positioned because of the zombies. So I blasted a number of his guys off with rifles. And charged major entity Avatar Seamus into melee on the rocky hill, like a scene from Last of the Mohicans. Like that scene Seamus chucked someone off the rock dead. Then got shot in the head by Alan Quartermaine from Empire of the Dead, who I’m pleased to say I thereafter crippled with advancing riflemen.

It was a fun game and we will play with zombies again. But we have decide to roll 2 D6 from the centre of the board with direction dice as they stymied the game.

I won though, which means it was a great game.

What are you using the big green guy in the top hat as?

I just ordered the rules and one of the expansions off EBAY.  Cant wait to give them a read.  All the great looking games and figures like yours on this page made me bite the bullet and buy in.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
“What are you using the big green guy in the top hat as?

I just ordered the rules and one of the expansions off EBAY.  Cant wait to give them a read.  All the great looking games and figures like yours on this page made me bite the bullet and buy in.”

So pleased I’ve inspired you. I’ve had some great games and managed to paint up or spruce up so many minis I’ve had lying around for ages. Hope you’ve got people to play with! The big green guy is Seamus from Malifaux and I used him as a greater generic summoned creature. The ones rolling on a D10.

I also stripped some old Old West and Darkest Africa minis I had lying around for a Congregation crew. All Copplestone. Think they go together we’ll size wise. My little narrative to sow them together is that some of the freed slaves went to Liberia, and the experimental homeland after the Civil War,  and came back with some witch doctors who want to fight evil in the New World. Just not sure how viable a vessel, two rifles, a pistol and two muskets are...given I only have more musektmen froom the darkest africa range.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »
Great game of Dracula’s America at the Pit Gaming Shop, Borehamwood.

Three posses. Me with the Desert Skinwalkers plus Crossroads Cult and Twilight Order. We played shootout.

In the first turn the Apache and devil-worshippers stepped back into the town buildings. The brave and noble defenders of truth rushed forward along the town’s road firing their silver bullets at everyone.

And then the devil-worshippers from cover started spamming top level summoned entities into the do-gooders on one side and the apache sent in a wolf into their rear, firing from elevated positions in cover above.

You can see the Twilight Order Boss being mauled by the mad hatter hulk on the one side (exalted Seamus from Malifaux) and a giant Apache wolf on the other.

The Crossroads Cult did most of the damage on the Twilight Order...and the Apaches swooped in and took out all the downed heroes and cashed in on all the game’s victory points.

Because the Crossroads Cult were too far back hidden in buildings hiding behind their summoned entities, they couldn’t follow up on their successes upfront.

The Twilight Order took out a couple of Indian Braves but by that point were down to two cards and bottled out.

The skinwalker Arcanist shaman despatched a giant spider (medium entity) to combat the Crossroads Cult behind the buildings but they sent back out a lesser entity ghostly girl with a hand mirror...who after hail of rifle fire finished off the spider.

Eight turns passed and victory went...to the Apaches.

Everyone got off lightly from injury...apart from the Twilight Order, who may not get out in time for daylight ever again...three out of six have a limp :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:34:17 PM by sir_shvantselot »

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »
These are for a congregation faction. I’m not sure what the guy in the middle with the cloak is carrying. Is it a musket or a rifle?

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
The unpainted ones to follow along with swamp beast

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 10:32:45 AM »
Superb figures and terrain, they really pop!!  Mind you those raw mdf buildings could use some tlc   :D
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »
I'm super jealous of all this DA getting played here. I've bought all the books, and love everything I see about the game, but it's too far back in the queue and C19 has crippled game opportunities.

I'll live vicariously through this thread for a while. Keep it coming!