Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 11:51:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Sir_shvantselot’s Dracula America project and gaming log  (Read 1090 times)

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • librarian
Re: Sir_shvantselot’s Dracula America project and gaming log
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 11:31:02 PM »
Other pics.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • librarian
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
Another cool game of Dracula’s America at the Pit Gaming Shop, Borehamwood. This time it was more like it.

We chose the scenario with loot counters spread across the terrain, which each of us placed in turn and had to grab for extra VPs on top of just whacking each other.

We each quickly grabbed the two near our respective deployment zones and then rushed for the third in the middle of the table.

The evil Confederate revenants pushes their four zombies up the field of battle as a highly effective meat shield. No point shooting them; you don’t get VPs. And they’re novices with fearsome so bad idea to charge. Not like they’re GW equivalent of WS2 being zombies and all...and they’re free. So broken.

My opponent was sneaking his actual crew behind them to get to the last objective.

But my opponent had foolishly decided not to use his stash from the last game, so I had two more novices, and two rifles and a shotgun against one rifle. So I just manoeuvred shooters round the zombies and shot anyone who got near the objective. Kind of like that scene with the telephone wire cutters in Enemy at the Gates.

And when the zombies got close to my gunline I charged in my one eyed vet with two handed sword, stupidly at a zombie behind some barrels with the advantage of fortified obstacle. So rolling one dice against 3 meant he got stuck there. But I also summoned a major entity in the form of Avatar Seamus who as a hero held down two zombies for a few turns.

That enabled me to get round the zombie shield and start shooting people.

Summoned Seamus got taken down in range of the zombie horde about to take him out totally in a crazed feeding frenzy, handing my opponent 3 points. So I just resummoned him as another major entity elsewhere. As that’s in my favour, that’s not broken. Rules is rules.

Eventually my manoeuvred gunline started blasting proper live Dixie scum and getting them downed; the one eyed doubled handed swordsman (Dice Bag Lady?) then took out the zombie and snuck up and hacked off the heads of at least two downed Confederates. But then took a bullet himself from old eagle eye - the only Dixie sniper and is now weakened. Which means he gets one dice in a standard fight! Not sure what to do with him...he has ornery too. Maybe give him a normal sword so he’s on two dice and gets a reroll?

So the game ended 9-5 in my favour. I rolled 3 ones a two and six for income, which was sad. Also my three in one event was getting my crew stampeded but thank the Lord only one dude getting injured - weakened!

Had fun though. Pics of my crew below. Seamus and the Dice Bag Lady dude holding down zombies too.

I must say it’s a fun game as the card activation mechanic is fun, it’s kind of like Malifaux light mashed with Deadzone in an easy to understand system but with some depth. And the models are easy enough to paint. Game played in a couple of hours.

Offline fred

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mastermind
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
Cool game, and great looking figures.

I know what you mean about some of your gang getting so battered from injuries you aren't quite sure what to do with them. I think you are right that your opponent made a mistake in saving cash, rather than getting more men in his gang.

Our confederate player isn't that aggressive with his Zombies yet, but they are still annoying as they get used as a shield.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • librarian
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 09:45:36 PM »
Cool game, and great looking figures.

I know what you mean about some of your gang getting so battered from injuries you aren't quite sure what to do with them. I think you are right that your opponent made a mistake in saving cash, rather than getting more men in his gang.

Our confederate player isn't that aggressive with his Zombies yet, but they are still annoying as they get used as a shield.

Thanks Fred. Reminds me of playing Gorka Morka. After about three games all the Orks were nuts and had frenzy. What do you play in DA? Do you have pictures or a blog?

Offline fred

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mastermind
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »
I've played both Dragon Tong and the Forsaken - LAF thread here http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=106830.15

But probably needs a bit of an update. The Forsaken posse is very beaten up at the minute, having lost their leader in the last game and having a number of wounded troopers too.