Forum > VSF Adventures

Agis' SMOG: Rise of Moloch minis

(1/7) > >>

Agis:

Another splendid CMON Kickstarter, great backer support and a delivery right on time! The miniatures are simply breathtakingly good for one piece game pieces and the game play is IMO very nice, a solid 1 vs many game like Star Wars Imperial Assault.

The minis below are an experiment for me - a joined venture of Regina Matke and me. We wanted the 5 core heroes (Gentlemen / women) painted for the 1st game so we decided to split the work. The 3 minis to the left (Emma Swanson, Abigail Sutherland and Drago) are painted by Regina, while the two folks to the right (Walter Cavendish and Major Dreadful) are done by me. By doing this we finished all five minis within a week.

The embarrassing part for me is, Regina paints minis only for ONE YEAR! Incredible work IMO.
:)

Some days later I finished my 5 heroes, see them on my site as always:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/victorian_sf.html
Not much of a difference, only a different approach in style!
BTW - CMON was kind enough to give two different sculpts of the feisty Miss Swanson, even with different rules! The mini above is the more heavy armed lady.

Prof.Witchheimer:
Lovely paintwork, Regina and Agis, like Major D best!

Got my pledge, too. Did you already play the campaign or just Chapter One as one-shot adventure?

Agis:

--- Quote from: Prof.Witchheimer on February 24, 2018, 05:03:53 PM ---Lovely paintwork, Regina and Agis, like Major D best!

Got my pledge, too. Did you already play the campaign or just Chapter One as one-shot adventure?

--- End quote ---
Thanks Alex, we started a campaign and played the 1st 2 missions so far. Tuesday we'll tackle the 3rd.

So far I like it a lot.
Very similar - as far as the huge amount of counters and game preparation is concerned-  to Imperial Assault, but IMO plays somehow a bit smoother.
And the minis are just GREAT!

Tesla knight:
Really nice paint job.

I'd ummed and arred about backing this one for a while. Wish I had now!

Zombie Ste:
Always a pleasure to see your work! Especially given we seem to pick up the same cmon games and your work is always fantastic and a hell of a lot more speedier than my own lol.

Keep up the good work, and keep sharing the results with us here :-*

The system is great, we've played three games now (1st scenario got 2 separate play through while we learned the rules) you're right, it is a lot like imperial assault, but much smoother to run.
I felt totally overwhelmed while setting the first game up, but within a turn it all made perfect sense.
The 2nd game we played with about 50% none-regular gaming folk, and everyone found it great.
The games designers seem to have struck a pretty perfect balance between simplicity and complexity with this one and I doff my top hat to them,
Of the 3 cmon kickstarters that all landed on my doorstep over the space of a week, this one is definitely my favourite

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version