Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:48:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690815
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Nachtbringer240's descent into Chaos (with a slight taste of Nurgle)  (Read 998 times)

Offline Nachtbringer240

• Assistant
So, like many people across the world, I bought the Dark Imperium boxed set. Admittedly, it was a spur of the moment thing when I preordered it, and I really only bought it for the Primaris Marines (since I was mainly toying with doing a Raptors Space Marine army, which I still plan to do) and I was just going to paint the Death Guard models in the most basic colours, or perhaps even sell them. I had no idea what to do with them really.

But then I looked at them, and they. Were. Gorgeous! In a rotting, decayed and disgusting way, but still. Needless to say... I got hooked. Hard. What started as a force of the 31 models from the Dark Imperium boxset has now expanded to encapsulate just over 100 models.
It's horrifying.

If my life was bit less lacklustre because of work screwing me over by not giving me a good amount of hours during the week which would give me enough money to buy more stuff as well as enough time off to paint said models, I'd probably be more along the line with how my army stands. But I digress.

For the list of what I currently have (as of February 26th), I have:
[Models from Dark Imperium will be marked as DI]
Lord of Contagion w/Plaguereaper [DI]
Malignant Plaguecaster [DI]
Noxious Blightbringer [DI]
Foetid Bloat-drone [DI]
Lord on Contagion w/Manreaper (Lord Felthius)
Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour
Aspiring Champion
Foul Blightspawn
Biologus Putrifier
Tallyman of Nurgle
5 Chaos Possessed
8 Blightlord Terminators
27 Plague Marines total (mix of DI, regular kit and Easy to Build kit)
20 Chaos Space Marines
26 Poxwalkers (mix of DI and Easy to Build kit)
13 Chaos Cultists
Myphitic Blight Hauler
1 Chaos Spawn
1 Beast of Nurgle
5 Chaos Mutants

Ugh... I'm not going to be stopping anytime soon with this. I'm already working on a unit of Chaos Chosen made with the left over bits from the kits used, and that unit of Chaos Mutants is going to need expanding in a massive direction.
Still! No-one else to blame but myself.  ;)
Just a wanna be modeler.

Offline Nachtbringer240

• Assistant
Re: Nachtbringer240's descent into Chaos (with a slight taste of Nurgle)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 11:35:50 PM »
Since I feel that it's a bit rude to start this thread with what is basically just an army list, I'll include some pictures! In a way.

So let's start with the Chaos Mutants. While they're only numbering five models, I'm still proud of them since they show that I've actually been working at this despite my work. Made from a mix of various GW kits (Beastmen, Flagellant, Cadian Shock Troop and the Genestealer Upgrade kit), bits from Victoria Miniatures Penal Guard and Beast Guard kits and the Mutation Set from Maxmini.

Lorewise, my Chaos army, which I realised I should have given the name which is The Children of Carrion (as I should have mentioned above), is made up of several segments, ranging from Long War Veterans of the Death Guard at the top to the lowest dregs being made up of mutants, beastmen and Spawn. So I wanted these guys to look as myriad and ragtag as possible, and since the Chaos Mutant Rabble can go up to 50 models a unit (not that I'm likely to use a unit of that size outside of gigantic games), there's a huge potential for variety.

The picture shows the final mixed group, but more detailed and single pictures of the various mutants can be seen on my blog page here: http://morphean-101st.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/the-children-of-carrion-and-chaos_26.html

(I am not having a great time posting pictures here, and I apologise for having to do a copy and paste job since no matter how small I resize the picture, I can't post the final post)