Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686498
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Plastic Gauls  (Read 10407 times)

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
Re: Victrix Plastic Gauls
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2018, 06:21:56 AM »
I have a request for anyone who sees them at Salute.  Could you find out what they expect to produce as the armored Gauls?  I saw on their FB page the renders of Gauls in what I imagine is captured armor - both mail and linothorax.  Those figures look great!  Will there be a separate box for those, and in what time frame?

I'm not on FB, otherwise I'd ask there myself.
I think those were armoured chariot crew? No need for the armour to be captured by the way, given that the Celts are commonly credited for inventing the nifty linked rings in the first place (debatable, but they sure made it themselves), and statues show linothorax-style armour too (whether made or traded, who knows?).
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2018, 08:33:14 PM »
I think those were armoured chariot crew? No need for the armour to be captured by the way, given that the Celts are commonly credited for inventing the nifty linked rings in the first place (debatable, but they sure made it themselves), and statues show linothorax-style armour too (whether made or traded, who knows?).

I believe they were.  I thought there was mention of a separate box of them, not with the chariots (one can only hope). 

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2018, 09:25:19 PM »
That does ring a bell... but that might have been some initial plan years ago. There are some armoured ones in the normal infantry set already, although the website doesn't state how many.

Offline aphillathehun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 12:51:23 AM »

Am I the only one who can't see pics in this thread anymore?

I've just got some of these myself.  This is a very impressive set.  Great sculpting.  I'm amazed at how the arms get attached with no visible seam almost always.  Even on the bare arms which I thought would be a challenge.  Now looking for painting inspiration....

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »
Am I the only one who can't see pics in this thread anymore?

I've just got some of these myself.  This is a very impressive set.  Great sculpting.  I'm amazed at how the arms get attached with no visible seam almost always.  Even on the bare arms which I thought would be a challenge.  Now looking for painting inspiration....

No,  They seem to have been lost in the ether.  Pity because I too am looking for inspiration for celtic plaid.  Anyone have any suggestions of a tutorial?