Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: El Kraken: Ottoman Empire And Dutch  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Aulë

• Assistant
El Kraken: Ottoman Empire And Dutch
« on: February 28, 2018, 12:00:09 AM »
Hi!
This weekend, in the Hispania Wargames event in Málaga (Spain) we could see the news of the El Kraken miniatures, the Ottoman Empire ( very soon) and the Dutch army already on sale.

Ottoman Empire

Dutch with Maurice of Nassau

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: El Kraken: Ottoman Empire And Dutch
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:36:51 AM »
Very cool!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:20:15 PM »
I have gritted my teeth (at the prices, including the price of p&p) and bought a single pack of Dutch. The figures are very different from the Spanish I got through the Kickstarter. The Dutch have slotta bases, and there are no separate parts (like arms). They also seem a bit stockier than the Spanish.

Offline Anderson Collection

• Mad Scientist
    • The Anderson Collection
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
The Ottoman Azabs look good but don't think they should be displayed with a broken bow.

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 07:45:13 PM »
How did their Tercio Kickstart go?  I'd like to pick some nice Conquistador figs, but having trouble finding a good full range.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
How did their Tercio Kickstart go?  I'd like to pick some nice Conquistador figs, but having trouble finding a good full range.

Kickstarter was a bit of a problem for them. They over estimated their capability to produce so many figures and were struggling to cope when they were obliged to move premises. This was a bit of a disaster and rather than announce their difficulties they opted to go all "blackout" and not respond to emails, the Tercios forum or KS contacts.  Has made a lot of people very unhappy with them and really hurt their reputation. The delivery packing was a bit of a problem using cheap jiffy style bags for everything rather than boxes.

But that said the figures when you finally get them are excellent. Well sculpted 28mm, well proportioned (apart from a few balloon like weapons) and nicely cast. First sets of figures have many small joints (hands to wrists etc) that are a bit problematic, but the later ones do not so they seem to have learned that lesson.
Having got over the initial difficulties I would say they are reliable and have a very good product, well worth considering if you are looking for figures.

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 09:35:42 PM »
So they are available outside the KS for regular sale? I'll have to check them out. I haven't seen any pictures of the actual figures from anyone, just some from their KS.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
So they are available outside the KS for regular sale?

Yes:
https://terciosminiatures.com

Offline Tym

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »
Like the civilians figures but can't see them on the website.