Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Scavs Force composition?  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Scavs Force composition?
« on: February 28, 2018, 03:00:55 AM »
What would you want to see in a force of 28mm sci fi scavs as a gaming force? Obviously some poses with looted or home made rifles, but what else?
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Re: Scavs Force composition?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
Not that interesting I gather!  ;)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »
It might help if you could define "Scav" a bit - I googled it and am none the wiser.

Short for Scavengers?

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:43:54 PM »
Personally I'd be interested in more of a militia take on Scav(engers).  Less so in another post-apocalyptic rags wearing, mask wearing bunch of mutants.  More of a natural progression of civilian-type members with scavenged weapons like you mentioned, but also military uniforms and such.  The diversity would/could be enormous.  A mix of sci-fi(ish) civilian clothing with military fatigues etc.  You could really come up with some very unique looks and tinker with all sorts of uniform possibilities that you could expand on later.  Weapons could/would be as varied and fun.

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »
...and as for the "what else?".  I would assume some vehicle type, something along the lines of a generic (captured/looted) APC with a myriad of upgrades and add-ons.  I wouldn't think they be in a position to operate anything heavy such as a tank, so using a standard APC of the day with anti-tank capabilities, the obligatory anti-personnel capabilities with lots of additional armor options would again be fun and allow for a lot of customization.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 07:04:47 PM »
I would thing quite a few bags/sacks/blanket rolls/extra (bulging)pockets. Things that would enable them to carry 'stuff'
These could be Miliputed/Green stuffed etc.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 07:09:40 PM »
Would like to see as mentionned above a more regular approach to scavengers such as militia/ trained guards equipped with a variety of homemade ranged weapons but maybe also with improvised or basic weapons such as shields/ pikes/ clubs and the like. Might also be nice to see some low-tech artillery pieces such as small artillery pieces (not thinking of mortars but more of wheeled artillery) including horse/ vehicle tows for these pieces and maybe some horse mounted scavengers (thinking of light and heavy cavalry such as scouts and semi-knights).
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 07:27:01 PM »
  More of a natural progression of civilian-type members with scavenged weapons like you mentioned, but also military uniforms and such. 

That's an interesting idea.  Thanks.

Offline Ironhead

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 07:56:15 PM »
That's an interesting idea.  Thanks.

If this goes anywhere, I'll be anxiously watching.  I gravitate towards militia-type 'armies', my favorite being the Volksturm.  So the possibility of seeing a sci-fi version of that is enticing, good luck!

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 09:40:17 AM »
Saw Gerrera's radical cell from Rogue One might be visually inspiring:

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »
Hi Manchu, that's the basic vibe but the look will end up being a bit different.  As it's in my sci fi background they will have a mix of Federal and Nova Respublik weaponry and, as per the suggestion upthread, one will have a Nova helmet and the other fragments of a Federal infantryman's leg harness.  It's a great idea.

Offline waitwhat

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 06:44:57 PM »
Low tech is going to be the key I guess, but that could be something like mining demolition teams or hound packs and cavalry (I'm thinking kroothounds and those old gorkamorka mutie cav here) or even ogre type organics. Vehicles should be light technical types at best, maybe bikes. Whatever it is the whole thing is very heterogeneous.