Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689801
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Started a Facebook page for future Faun Kickstarter  (Read 1127 times)

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
Started a Facebook page for future Faun Kickstarter
« on: March 01, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »
For anyone interested, we are nearing the deposit for the mold. So if you're interested in seeing 32mm faun models, check out the facebook page below. I really appreciate feedback before our main event.

https://www.facebook.com/faunmodels/

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Re: Started a Facebook page for future Faun Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:46:51 AM »
I'd suggest waiting until April, at least, before aiming for a major kickstarter like this.

Mainly because you have Legion coming out this month where a lot of people will be weighing where their gaming budget goes and Star Wars kind of trumps a lot of other things there.

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »
Mold is still going to take a few months to produce, so closer to May. I just wanted to talk to people before the kickstarter. See what I can add to stretch goals, see what people want.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »
I think these will appeal to at lot of AOS players.

As they are, the fauns could work for Wanderers and Sylvaneth, the names for the elf and wood parts of the old Wood Elves.

Put on some GW Beastman heads and the fauns would fit right in as Brayherds, the horsebodies allowing you to make cheaper non resin Centigors.

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Should be enough customization that it could happen that way. The horse bodies being made in plastic would make for some fun.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »
You seem to have improved these since I saw them last. I would be all over a Kickstarter for these but for a couple of concerns. The fur on the legs... I'm sorry but it's not great, it looks more like leaves currently than fur. Also looking at your sprue mock-ups there seems to be only two torso and leg variants for each gender? You're gonna be dropping a lot of cash on injection moulding and it won't cost any more per sprue for you to vary the parts up a bit more and make the kit more desirable.

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 11:41:00 PM »
Its been a consideration for a bit. Anything I do here, can be added or improved upon with simple molds. Resin or otherwise. What we have here is a starting template to make the faun models.

Some people demanded satyr style legs
Some people wanted more head variations
Other people want more body types

Whats to stop us from making a resin spin cast mold or even an injection molded sprue for popular choices? At least this way we can appeal to those people who don't want the looks from the primary set. The legs are incredible. But I will look past the rose colored parts.

One of the stretch goals is to add more heads to the pot, different torsos, possibly even greater variation on the weapons so we can create even more dynamic poses for the centaur body combinations. And the heads for the shamans are based on the same swivel system as the other fauns, so we can put them in with the other heads.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 11:47:10 PM by rgdgaming »

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 01:08:46 AM »
That antler-mask is just great, that's exactly what I'd love to see in a kit like this  :-*

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 04:16:43 PM »
Its been a consideration for a bit. Anything I do here, can be added or improved upon with simple molds. Resin or otherwise. What we have here is a starting template to make the faun models.

Yeah but if you're doing these in plastic the initial costs are going to be huge so surely you should get it as right as possible. I don't see any reason not to vary things a bit more (in terms of leg poses and slight torso variations), they're digital models so can be easily reposed and you add a bit more variety in the core box. Resin add-ons for command conversions and centaur bodies etc are great but for basic poses their should be enough variety provided.

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »
The two leg combinations fit the bill for a long list of things. Bracing spears, holding spears, overhand spears, bows firing, bows being drawn, two handed weapons ..and the list goes on. The particular side effect was that we heavily customized a set of torsos to start.

Think of the 10 models as a start, 5 man sprues that have to be toyed with. Backers want to add extra bodies, heads, and even more weapon combinations from the ones they see, so I would have to budget for another 6k there, not factoring in more renders IGS file conversions etc. It falls back on money. To develop more torsos, it costs $300-$400 from scratch, so you have so start considering what you can accept within 10 man boxes. In twenty man boxes, this wouldn't fly as well. So you need to develop more assets to make that tangible. However, with a lot of money put into the weapons, we can focus more on torsos come time.

What we ended up doing is creating cross compatibility to things like horse bodies to create centaurs, the faun shamans (if you want to switch heads you can, if you want to use their special items, you can, torsos go for it). So whatever you don't use, can be put to another use.

Resin just makes sense for some things, like banners, new heads, on demand bodies.

From the demand, people want to see satyrs...which could be done. And I would love to see it. Could see a sprue just for that.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:11:32 AM by rgdgaming »

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 01:08:42 AM »
Could we see some examples of the female fauns?
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 01:16:19 AM »
Here you go. Effectively they are the female versions of the males, scaled to fit them.

Offline rgdgaming

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 01:26:16 AM »
Then there is the shoulder pads, the option to intermingle the shaman torsos. With some more work, we can introduce more dynamic line ups.