Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:16:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685053
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brother Vinni Problems!!!!  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
Re: Brother Vinni Problems!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
To be honest I couldn’t care less if the email contained a generic message and a gif of a cat playing with wool... as long as there was some contact and I wasn’t completely mugged off.

On the bright side I have just had an email from Brother-Vinni apologising for the delay and saying my models are on the way.
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »
It's a very small company. With those especially (but also  in general I'm not too fussed with delivery times when ordering from minis manufacturers) I'm very lenient on when I get the stuff. It will arrive eventually, and it's not like most of us have more than enough toys lying around to play with in the mean time. :)

Offline PastyGeeky

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 04:22:14 PM »
I've been waiting since November and they don't answer emails, I wasn't a huge order less than two dozen figures but I was going to do a bulk order on another of their ranges which I've shelved until this order arrives

Offline SiamTiger

• Librarian
  • The collector of many things
    • Chaosbunker - Lots of Lead, Plastic and Ideas
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »
Beside the "moral" or ethics on doing business, he doesn't speak english that well, so when you communicate with him, keep your sentences / mails simple.

And to be honest, I can't stand that "we're just a small business" excuse. When you're doing business and take money for a service or product, deliver it - otherwise state clearly about the stock you have. Same with some other companies, that leave their paid pre-orders hanging dry, to sell at shows

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 09:42:40 PM »
They should shut up shop and never take another order until they have sorted out their issues.

I thought that was the bottom line here for companies not catching up on orders or have I missed something?
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Sphillips

• Lurker
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 11:50:29 AM »
I have been waiting for a order since january, i have emailed him about three times.
I understand he is a one operation, but non communication is not good. Other firms i have orders with have communicated when there have been issued.
Put a paypal dispute in over m order. That went my way, as he never relied to them.

Offline Reboot Guillotine

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2019, 02:30:54 AM »
I ordered about ten items from BV in September last year and it shipped 6 days later.  I ordered two things in December and it shipped about a month later.  I placed a good-sized order (fifteen items, some of them sets) on Apr28, got the "processing" email on May 3, and that was the last I've heard (so still within the approximate window of my last, much smaller order).  It does seem like timeframes are stretching out, but my last couple of orders arrived without incident.

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 10:53:30 PM »
I got the shipping email from Brother Vinni today!

Offline Painterz

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 07:15:57 PM »
I was just looking at Vinni's kickstarter thingy and apparently it's abandonedware, a lot of unhappy backers who got nothing at all.

So yeah, I think it might be risky placing an order. Shame, there's some nice miniatures there.

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2019, 01:35:27 AM »
Yeah, I finally looked at his S&M Indiegogo thing; not sure why that's languished for 4 years while he's steadily released other stuff.  Perhaps he thinks it won't sell at retail and therefore hasn't taken it to casting but still... those poor, pissed off backers.

Offline PastyGeeky

• Lurker
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »
Doubt if I can do a Pay Pal dispute my order was the Xmas special last year and I've sent loads of emails some I've translated into Russian.

I would warn anyone from placing orders with Brother Vinni , nice figures online but that's all I ever got to see.

No customer service at all, I've posted on his face book page. Put my order details on the page, no replies

Sadly I won't risk another order, and there would have been plenty more

• Assistant
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 01:04:28 AM »
I did receive my big order referenced above; almost everything was good but one of the items was incorrect and my emails about that were ignored.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 04:10:28 AM »
Sorry, for those waiting more than a month or two with no delivered orders, let alone responses you all are way more patient than i ever could.
There is no reason to be waiting for 6 months, or 9 for an order to come from anywhere on the globe.
PayPal gives you 180 days to file.
If for those under the 180 days you need to protect yourself and make the claim.
Just my $.02
Take it as you will.

Grimm

Offline PastyGeeky

• Lurker
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2019, 02:26:50 PM »
I found a way to contact him directly, I sent him a print out of my order , he apologized and three weeks later the order arrived woohoo ( 10 months late )

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/617377330/saga-spear-ladies-set-of-4-resin-wargame?ref=shop_home_active_13&crt=1

On the right hand side column there is a "message seller button" sends him a message which he replied to within a couple of days

Figures were awesome as usual, saying that the whole process of contacting him through his wife / partner was a waste of time

Good luck I hope you get your belated figures

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2019, 09:41:17 PM »
Send him a PM on here with the info. It works.