Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:11:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SAGA 2nd edition and Age of Vikings text and video review  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
SAGA 2nd edition and Age of Vikings text and video review
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:52:36 PM »
Hi guys, I have posted a review of the new SAGA 2nd edition core rules as well as the army book supplement Age of Vikings on my blog. I talk about the game itself, and also what has been changed from the previous edition. The review is available both as text and a video over at my blog:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2018/03/saga-2nd-edition-text-and-video-review.html

Offline tjantzen

• Bookworm
Re: SAGA 2nd edition and Age of Vikings text and video review
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
Hi
Great write up :-)
"Close ranks" does not increase your armor.
Only increases your save from 5+ to 4+
The unit is treated as if in hard cover - So if it looses the melee it only retreats if outnumbered.

regards Thomas

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:32:20 AM »
Thanks for that. As someone who barely remembers all the details of Saga 1, it was interesting.

What did you mean by "Fatigue and SAGA abilities can now most of the time not be played together, players have to decide whether they use SAGA or fatigue against their opponent. "? Istm you can chop and change between the two however you like.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:03:21 AM »
I don't think that comment about fatigue is right.
It used to be that the attacker used fatigue and played Saga abilities (in any order he pleased) then the defender.
Now you alternate attacker/defender - but just as before you can spend fatigue or use an ability in any order you want.
Also, the warlord's armour was always 5 (6 against shooting) so I don't think that is a change.
One change I didn't see mentioned is that a move is now different to a charge - you can't go into contact on a move.
The restriction on moving within VS without going into contact is gone.
The rule saying you must contact on a second move if within S is gone.
You can now bank dice on your board (like the Skraelings in v1)
There's really a lot of changes - can't really say how they affect the game without playing it  a few times.