Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any Experience of Ziterdes Hard Foam Buildings?  (Read 737 times)

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
Any Experience of Ziterdes Hard Foam Buildings?
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
I am thinking about getting terrain peices for my fantasy figures.  The Ziterdes terrain/buildings look interesting. Are the pieces durable? 
I also saw some Gothic ruins on Hexy-Shop that are also high density foam.  Any experience of these.

Where else can I get good, affordable terrain (i.e. not GW type prices)?

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Any Experience of Ziterdes Hard Foam Buildings?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:11:04 PM »
I have their Weathertop piece and a Laketown house. They seem nice and sturdy to me, it's a very solid foam with some form of harder coating. Takes paint decently, but superglue sticks very poorly.

Gabbi

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »
Durability deepends on how you mistreat them. With normal usage (i.e. not store/club) they should be fine. Be aware that they're not so ready to play as stated, usually they're a single color sprayed in another color just to give some shade. You could feel the need to touch up them. Anyway, Ziterdes stuff is a nice option, if you can find it for cheap.
Otherwise, I could suggest MDF stuff. Some things look better than other, but if you're willing to "pimp" them a bit they can look great.

Offline digid

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 02:21:32 AM »
I have 1 of their buildings I picked up that my wife liked. It painted up well and holds up as well also. I would not hesitate to buy any more. The only down side with buildings is there is no removable roof etc. Depending on the game that might be an issue.

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:40:07 AM »
I have some of the Ziterdes terrain pieces (a ruined manor house and the base of a ruined tower or keep of some sort), and I have found them excellent. The hard foam really is hard and durable, it has a tough finish, and takes paint and PVA glue well. As I recall I only did a little bit of drybrushing and some detailing of floor tiles and so on in different colours, followed by grass tufts and some weathering and washes. Very quick, but made a huge difference to their presence on the tabletop. What I like about the ruined pieces is that they have all sorts of interesting nooks and crannies that miniatures can fit in, making them great for skirmish games (I use  mine for Mordheim). I would certainly recommend them, and I keep  meaning to pick up some more!
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani