Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:45:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Foundry,Perry Afghan tribesmen comparison please?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
Foundry,Perry Afghan tribesmen comparison please?
« on: March 03, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
Just a quick question!

Wondering how the above figures compare. I suspect Perry Afghans are a bit bigger than the Foundry ones, maybe as much as a head bigger.
Can anyone tell me if they fit in well together or not?

Many thanks.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Foundry,Perry Afghan tribesmen comparison please?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 10:45:12 AM »
Actually, Perry's are not that much bigger than Foundry's. On the other hand, Foundry's have are slightly clunkier, less... I don't know... proportioned. Perry new Afghans are more anatomically correct. It is odd, as they can serve as a case study of how artists evolve their styles with time -Foundry Afghans were also sculpted by the Twins-. I wouldn't put them in the same unit, but they can be in the same army without being too noticeable, once painted and based.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 10:59:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
I’ve got both and I’d say they are virtually identical and interchangeable. And I’m normally picky about differences in height, stature and style. Basically the new Perry ones are a remake of the original ones Michael did for Foundry 20+ years ago. They’re all beautiful figures, although a couple of the Foundry ones do look a little bit cramped or hunched anatomically, so I know what Antonio means.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 12:25:23 PM »
Like you Captain I'm picky about such things. I like mixing manufacturers to get a wide variety of looks and poses, but only if the figures tie in well together. I'll likely do as Antonio suggests and keep them in a separate units, but they'd still need to fit well side by side for me.

Thanks again.