Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690822
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

Graaf Achendross and Four Azure Princesses of Sedona V (Froggythegreat)
95 (57.9%)
Cultists (Sinewgrab)
69 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Author Topic: ROUND 2 Graaf Achendross and Four Azure Princesses of Sedona V vs Cultists  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Wolf 359

• Scientist
    • WhatThe?!Miniatures

Who makes those? Both entrants.

One miniature is too many, and a thousand are not enough...

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
I'm a bit biased for this one... ;)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
All of mine are converted Reaper Miniatures - in a couple cases heavily converted.  For more details, see http://rattrapproductions.com/speakeasy/viewtopic.php?t=1657 , which is being communally written by the members of the Rattrap boards.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
Wow, excellent yellow versus excellent blue!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Mine are Pulp Figures cultists with an Ral PArtha sacrfice, posed in my decade old Graveyard from Armorcast, that I built for my Mordheim city layout. I'd forgotten I had it until I was cleaning the garage - blew some dust off, and voila! Perfect cultist hideout. I just this week finished the rest of my cultists - have 20 or so now, and did the old Nyarlothep from RAFM in the same sort of yellow and red. Maybe I should throw him in later...
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Both very nice.
Some lovely colours.
But I think it is the yellow that swings it for me. I am useless at paint yellow so my hat is off to someone who can.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
A close call but in the end I went for the cultists. I really love the blue princesses too but the whole setting and crispness of the photo did it for me. The ral partha victim is a bit small compared to the cultists though, and the cardboard edges of the Mordheim buildings don't really help a lot either 8)

Also, lovely piece of machinery in the first entry!
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
I think the first one is a very interesting and original entry. I don't really get it though. The miniatures don't really match with the machine. The painting on the other hand looks ace with the bright blue and contrasting salmon colors.
But I voted for the second entry. I like the way the story is told and how it all fits together. I never thought of using yellow for the coats of cultists but I REALLY like the effect. There is just so much to see in this picture. Great work!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
I went with the cultists.

Yellow is such a difficult color to work with, and this one got it right.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Wait a minute, cultists? There are not just guys in rain jackets?  8)
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Wait a minute, cultists? There are not just guys in rain jackets?  8)

lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
I would be very interested in hearing how I could improve my composition for next round's entry, since the comments are indicating it might be necessary.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
I think your main problem is that the miniatures and the background/floor don't mix very well. Although the miniatures clearly belong together, the different bases make them stand apart from each other. As for the secnery you chose, in this case it is distracting from the miniatures instead of complementing them. This might be partially due to the fact that the scenery is just a block of euhm... "something" standing in the middle of yea old white nothingness. Try ot make eerything fit together and your picture/composition will look way nicer.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
I would be very interested in hearing how I could improve my composition for next round's entry, since the comments are indicating it might be necessary.

I think the white fluffy stuff you use as a background makes it look a bit fuzzy/dusty/messy. If you want a clean white background a couple of sheets of white paper give a cleaner look. A blue gradient would look even better. The picture also seems a bit out of focus (your previous entry didn't have this problem). The lighting seems to be in order and your models are very nice even if odd 8)