Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] Anvil Industry Daughters of the Burning Rose coming soon  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
This teaser for Anvil Industry's forthcoming (Apr) KS for space lady gothic soldiers (with fleur-de-lis iconography) might be of interest:
http://anvilindustry.co.uk/burning-rose-concept-art
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: [KS] Anvil Industry Daughters of the Burning Rose coming soon
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 11:28:53 PM »
Interesting. Tell me more....

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:57:52 AM »
Fleur-de-lis, on a 13th century (female) knight with a few sci-fi accoutrements?

I really like Anvil Industry and a lot of the products that they make (I buy from them quite often)... but this is just a lightweight and obvious attempt to jump on the Sisters of Battle bandwagon.

They could have done it better and with no need for Fleur-de-lis.

Female space knights are cool... they don't all have to try to be Sisters of Battle.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »
Anvil Industry IIRC said somewhere that they make significantly more money from their "not-Space-Marines" line than their more original (or at least less GW-derivate) stuff so taking that at face value I can understand why they want to expand in a related direction.

That stuff is not really doing much for me tho and it all makes me a sad puppy 'cuz from pure technical POW AI does make top-of-the-line quality product.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »
Well, this one's live now:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1637892615/daughters-of-the-burning-rose

Personally I'm liking the look of the Sharpshooter they're showing there, though I'd like to see how these scale with their Regiment Infantry troopers
so I'd know if I can use these for IG conversion bits.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:49:49 PM »
GW plastic sisters inside the next year were announced at Adepticon. Absolutely the wrong time for these.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 11:03:06 PM »
I am a bit interested but maybe I am a bit dim, it's not at all clear exactly what I will get at each pledge level. I might just wait until they are out and buy a single half squad. 
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:20:17 PM »
I am a bit interested but maybe I am a bit dim, it's not at all clear exactly what I will get at each pledge level. I might just wait until they are out and buy a single half squad.

If I've understood it correctly, something that's always questionable and particularly so at 3AM, you get to spend money equal to your pledge + any bonus credits your pledge level may give you on any products that the Kickstarter has unlocked.

Offline Samsonov

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »
I actually think they do not really resemble GW sisters all that much, beyond being female space knights. The helmets, shoulder pads and legs are not power armour copies (maybe the weapons and backpack too, I cannot see them too closely), certainly much less than many 3rd party stuff. I guess most sisters of battle players are probably more open minded than your average GW fan, and so this stuff certainly passes as sisters of battle, but I would find it much easier to use these in some other setting than most 3rd party not-space marines.

Anyway, they are lovely and I am tempted by a squad even though I would have no use for them whatsoever.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 09:23:21 PM »
The new GW sisters are going to be a miracle of plastic engineering and baroque styling, These are a more down to earth medieval sci fi force. I certainly like the style of these far better then the raging heroes not sisters.

And i can completley belive that Anvil make more money from their space marine bits than anything else.We used to stock their afterlife range at work. the figures are GORGEOUS! smooth clean casts and lovely well proportioned sculpts, interesting vehicles....It never sold to anyone but me.

But space marine cloaks and bolters? Couldn't fill the shelves fast enough!
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »
In all fairness, they have changed dramatically from the style and design of the concepts and have moved from 'fluer de lis' covered sister rip-offs to more sensibly armoured, female space troopers... and I think that is a good thing.

It may not help with the GW fan-boy sales though... possibly not booby or high-heeled enough...