Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686664
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Age of Mythology Figures  (Read 953 times)

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
Age of Mythology Figures
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:54:27 PM »
Age of Mythology figures from Eagle-Gryphon Games. Along with my lovely assistant from Caesar Miniatures Hebrew Warriors for scale. Most of these are quick paint jobs, with a matte varnish finish.

In the board game this is a Phoenix, I decided to paint it up as a dragon.

Not terribly happy how the Sphinx turned out, but these figures were more a trial run.

A Wadjet from the Egyptian faction. Flying snakes are cool.

The Hydra was one of my favorite figures.

1/72 scale mummies are hard to come by, so this chap was a nice find. He is a bit on the tall side, more of a 25mm.

I could have spent a little more time on the Scorpion-Man. Next time I am going to keep the same red tone on the scorpion bit, and give the man half more of a reddish brown skin tone.

Frost Giant from the Norse faction.

It is hard to see, but I went with red eye for this Cyclops. For the next few I'll go with a lighter color.

I rushed this Medusa a bit too much. Need to go with two or more tones for green for future gorgons.

This Manticore ended up more Freddy Kruger than Tigger.

Each faction came with a non-combatant figure. This is the villager from the Norse set.

A villager from the Greek faction.

A Classical Greek Hero. Overall I am happy how he turned out, although the sword is a bit too dark.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:18:25 PM by P_Clapham »
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
Re: Age of Mythology Figures
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:31:18 AM »
A few more additions.

Even the mounted figures scale fairly well.

A few more heroes.

I avoided using inks on the troll, and went with layers instead. Still a quick tabletop paint job, but I think it looks better than some of the inked monsters.