Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690717
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 839
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question - Captain Blood's Renedra Tower  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
Question - Captain Blood's Renedra Tower
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »
I have just been rereading the thread about the construction of this tower (beautiful job, by the way).
I would like a tower of this size for my own gaming.
I see that there were a number of problems with things not aligning correctly and the instructions being poor.
Are these problems that can be overcome by a novice, or is this going to turn into a time consuming and frustrating exercise?
Clearly one level can be lifted off to see the interior.  I assume the same is not true of the ground floor.

Link for those who somehow missed this thread:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=90386.135

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Question - Captain Blood's Renedra Tower
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
It's a pretty decent kit. Take your time, think things through and dry fit them and you will be fine.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »
I have just been rereading the thread about the construction of this tower (beautiful job, by the way).
I would like a tower of this size for my own gaming.
I see that there were a number of problems with things not aligning correctly and the instructions being poor.
Are these problems that can be overcome by a novice, or is this going to turn into a time consuming and frustrating exercise?
Clearly one level can be lifted off to see the interior.  I assume the same is not true of the ground floor.

Link for those who somehow missed this thread:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=90386.135

I have not built the Rendera tower but I know Richard a bit. Beside his obvious artistic talent, he is also rather meticulous. These things combine to make him achieve such great results. But I don't think you need to be overly intimidated by his description of the kit. :)

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 10:52:02 AM »
The tower is very straight forward to build.  Most of the mold lines are on interior joints.  I think it looks pretty good built straight from the box.  If you can build a GW kit then this is of a very similar standard.