Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:05:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686443
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some new TYW sculpts  (Read 5923 times)

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
Re: Some new TYW sculpts
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »
No! Please don't tempt me so much to start something new. Great figures.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 01:37:51 PM »
Emil: please post again when these figures are available.

Offline Corso

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »
Wonderful sculpts especially the officer

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »
Emil is great to deal with and his figures are lovely casts A+. Will definitely be getting these.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 06:04:58 PM »
Me too. I would add that he sells the figures individually (rather than in packs), so you only buy what you actually want and need.

Offline Emil von Karwin

• Student
    • Bohemian Troops
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 07:32:16 PM »
Thank you for your kind comments. I also like the figures very much.  :D

Just to answer some of the questions. The figures will be available in my eshop - https://www.horcata.eu/eshop/ - together with the existing figures.

This year I'm, apart from the TYW, going to pay attention to the Czechoslovak army. I should have enlarged the range, but there's always been something else to settle. This year is suitable enough for them because of the sad 80-years anniversary (1938 - 2018).  ;)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »
Yes Emil These are really nice!!! I will definatly buy Them all!
Jan
I have to do it! Bought the rest, but the new ones needed so long to be released...

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »
I shall also be getting these when they are released  :)

By the way Emil, have you considered adding a couple of cavalry officers to your range ? Say one for the cuirassiers and one for the arquebusiers as your cavalry is a bit light on leadership at the moment

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »

Amazing figures! 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »
Nice clean sculpts that really capture the flavor of the period.  Bravo.

Offline Emil von Karwin

• Student
    • Bohemian Troops
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »
I shall also be getting these when they are released  :)

By the way Emil, have you considered adding a couple of cavalry officers to your range ? Say one for the cuirassiers and one for the arquebusiers as your cavalry is a bit light on leadership at the moment

Arthur, I have considered the cavalry officers. They are in the line ... it's only a question of time.  ;)

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
Arthur: if you're looking for a cavalry officer suitable for a unit of arquebusiers, until Emil produces one you could try the Mounted Dragoon Command in Brigade Games range for King Philip's War. I believe that Paul Hicks is the sculptor of bother this range and Emil's, so the sculpting style should match.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
I take it you mean the bloke in the middle, Paul :

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/BG-KPW120-Mounted-Dragoon-Command-3--choice-of-horses_p_4489.html

I have him, but he is not quite what I was hoping for as the proportions are a bit different from the Bohemian Troops range. His head is slightly smaller, his legs much thinner and most of all, he is very flat when you look at him from the side, especially for a guy wearing back and breast plates over a buff coat - dunno if he was sculpted that way or if something happened during casting. 

He'll do though, but he doesn't match Emil's range as well as one might imagine.   
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:51:22 AM by Arthur »

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
Arthur: yes, that is the figure I was meaning. I wasn't aware of the problems with him, but looking at him 'in the flesh', you're quite right about him. The figure on the right in the photo is even worse, by the way.

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2018, 07:47:39 AM »
I take it you mean the bloke in the middle, Paul :

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/BG-KPW120-Mounted-Dragoon-Command-3--choice-of-horses_p_4489.html

I have him, but he is not quite what I was hoping for as the proportions are a bit different from the Bohemian Troops range. His head is slightly smaller, his legs much thinner and most of all, he is very flat when you look at him from the side, especially for a guy wearing back and breast plates over a buff coat - dunno if he was sculpted that way or if something happened during casting. 

He'll do though, but he doesn't match Emil's range as well as one might imagine.

Really ? What a pitty, so don't you recommend those figures?  I wanted to use the miniatures without English helmets as Spanish mounted arquebusiers for 1650-68...  Are they small then ?