Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

?

NWF: Wazir casualties and supression markers (Hammers)
152 (95%)
Dr. Schmerz with guards (Sky Captain)
8 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Author Topic: ROUND 2 NWF: Wazir casualties and supression markers vs Dr. Schmerz with guards  (Read 7002 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Not that it will influence my vote, as I've already voted, but whose is the top one? There's no name. Hammers? I didn't spot his name anywhere else (not that this tells us anything, as I miss most things).
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
I love the casualties markers. Whoever is the author of these fine specimens they are to be congratulated.

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
I just wish we could see the wazir casualties a little better.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
 lol

It's a bit ironic that my name isn't there, given the discussion about anonymity we've been having lately. I don't mind, it's kind of flattering that my style is recognized anyway. It is an argument for that anonymity can't really be achieved anyway. I think the name fell of due to the long title.

Yes, I did a mental lapsus with the picture pixel width so the image is a bit ill composed and too crowded. I'll just have to suck that one up and post closeups next week. Had I thought it through properly I'd have taken a few carcasses or scavengers out of the picture to make it bigger and less busy. Left to right there are golden jackals, camel carcass, Pondicherry vultures, ravens aplenty, five Pathans not feeling too hot, a couple of nags in similar state and wild dogs fighting over another dromedary. There is a griffon vulture in there to and a private joke with a Tesco bag filled with guts.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:27:01 AM by Hammers »

Offline Raz

• Scientist
The casualties are brilliant. Especially with the vultures and wild dogs adding realism to them. Great job Hammers!

The guy with the cat is a nice miniature imo, which company is it?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Wow...love the first one right away. So many things to look at...so many painted elements...great overall picture too. Fantastic job on that one. Got my vote.

The second one is very cool in idea, quantity and looks. I do think that a picture from a distance (so the camera would have focused on the group better) and more contrast in painting would have made it even better. I asume these are all KKBB?
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
A friend has been doing decorative disorder/suppression markers for several games recently, I'll have to point him to Hammers' entry as inspiration.

The ground is perfect for the subject - did you pose these out in the garden?

The evil mastermind w/ cat & lackeys are great, but those jumpsuits would probably really pop with a couple of coats of yellow ink - or even an orange ink or wash, to darken the low areas.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
The ground is perfect for the subject - did you pose these out in the garden?

It's from the drive to Cottage Moranonn (= my house). We're on lime here so the ground colour is dusty light grey, perfect for a NWF setting. My camera battery pooped out on me just as I had arranged the miniatures (hardest part) so I had to leave them out there while I was reloading it, fearing all the time that our horse trainer neighbour would trot by and make a *real* slaughter of the miniatures.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Really like the first one. The amount going on is great. Colours of the horses and the cloths are stunning and still pop out in such a small photo. I will look forward to seeing the close-up pictures of these.
What make are the models?
In particular what make are the wild dogs? They look really vicious.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Really like the first one. The amount going on is great. Colours of the horses and the cloths are stunning and still pop out in such a small photo. I will look forward to seeing the close-up pictures of these.
What make are the models?
In particular what make are the wild dogs? They look really vicious.

Jackals are Crocodile, ravens as well and MegaMinis. Pondicherry vultures are ... uh, let me get back to you on those, but the Griffin vulture is croc to. One jackal is Reaper. The horses I've had for ages and I can't remember the make. Foundry? The Wazir casualties are Foundry (ashout out to Cptn Blood who sold them to me for pittance). The camel carcasii are from the same company as the Pon. vultures but the gutted one is heavily converted. The dogs I believe are Ral Partha. Lot of lead in them, beautiful detail and a pleasure to paint.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Thanks

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Tesco bag!!!???!!! Oh my God, they killed Kareema!  >:(

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
ok where are these makers from ?  companys ,please  :)
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
Tesco bag!!!???!!! Oh my God, they killed Kareema!  >:(

Now THAT's funny! I love it
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet