Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689608
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Paboook's Journey to Dracula's America: Earp Brothers vs Apache Skinwalkers  (Read 5226 times)

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
Let me share with you my journey through the dark corners of Dracula's America ...

These Artizan Miniatures were random part of my Nickstarter posse. I have came to an idea the other day: The Earp brothers would be the perfect guys to lead a Twilight Order posse! Which meant sculpting them cuirasses in the first place. One of them also received longer coat and a carabine from Black Scorpion Apache. The shape of the cuirasses looks actually much better in reality in my opinion.

And to acompany them in the future, I have also converted lesser entity (based on GW empire clockwork angel and crooked dice female head), a Templar (random miniature from the very first Frostgrave Nickstarter) and Seraphim (converted from Reaper Bones angel). Making the Templar "western" was tricky but I guess that a hat (bit from Perry Union infantry set) would be useful after the battle.

Hope you like them :) I will send further pictures soon!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:03:49 AM by Paboook »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Some really good conversions. the Earps to twilight Order crusaders work really well.

The model for the seraphim is ace, and adding the pistol works well. And the little cherub style entity is both cute and creepy.

The one that works least well for me is the Templer, he looks too medieval. I’m not quite sure what would work, could you try a head swap?

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Doc Holliday - Wyat Earp's friend and supporter - would be a perfect colleague, as he supposedly was mourning a lost love (his cousin) back in Georgia, whom he could not wed.  Perfect back-story could be that she was taken by the vampires, and he seeks vengence.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice conversions.  Esp. love the seraphim.

-Michael

Offline Paboook

• Scientist

Interesting idea, Metternich. I actually own his model too, but I intended to use him in my evil posse (Red Hand/Cult/Church of Dagon). Perhaps his mourning for for his chosen one brought him to the evil side? :o
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:52:15 AM by Paboook »

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
A great theme for your Posse- wish I'd thought of that!

And I really like the idea of Doc going 'bad'- nothing cures Tuberculosis like becoming a vampire...  8)

Some great potential for a narrative campaign, there!
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
Quite poor pictures, but I hope you get the idea :) The Earp brothers posse AKA Tombstone branch of the Twilight Order.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:40:42 AM by Paboook »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
They have come out very well, now they are coloured in.

You've got some great expressions on the faces.

Offline Anarchy

• Assistant
  • I make games.
    • Zero Radius Games
Yeah, nice posse!

Very creative.

Offline Paboook

• Scientist

Btw this California ghost town is for sell if anyone can afford it ;)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/14/us/ghost-town-for-sale-cerro-gordo-trnd/index.html

Offline Panama

• Scientist

Btw this California ghost town is for sell if anyone can afford it ;)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/14/us/ghost-town-for-sale-cerro-gordo-trnd/index.html

That looks a bit bit for 28mm :)

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
Re: Paboook's Journey to Dracula's America: Mangas and his Apaches
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
Let me introduce Mangas and his fellow Apaches.

Mangas is huge and battle-hardened man. Years before Dracula seized power he was captured by soldiers and tortured before his legendary escape. Since then he aged and lost most of his teeth but remains cunning warrior and feared enemy of the whites around Rio Grande. His warriors were red headbands as a reminder of his suffering. One can hardly wonder why Mangas became firm supporter of White Raven...

Black Scorpion miniatures are quite bigger than my Northstar, Artizan and Perry figures unfortunately. I've purchased these just before Northstar offered their Skinwalker posse. Anyway, I think they look great and they have nice variaty of weapons for DA.

I wanted to achieve realistic and plain look so I chopped of fancy feathers from some miniatures and sculpted plain hair instead. The warrior in the middle is Baishan ("Knife") the posse shaman whose hatered for the whites is second only to Mangas himself.

Mangas and his braves

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Paboook's Journey to Dracula's America: Mangas and his Apache Posse
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »
They look much better without the feathers and adornments. Proper Apaches now! ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Paboook's Journey to Dracula's America: Mangas and his Apache Posse
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
They are very nice.

Indians haven't featured in our DA games for some reason.

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
Once open the time in the West ... Earp brothers crossed the path of Apache war band in small town populated by refugees from the East. Several Apache braves were not what they seemed - yet silver bullets proved stronger than shamanic powers! Greenhorn settlers were protected against the Apache raid - for today.