Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:55:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Dark Ages anyone??  (Read 70873 times)

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
Re: Victrix Dark Ages anyone??
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
Hope the Victrix will mix well with Colin Patten and Footsore stuff as that is what my armies are made up of.

Offline Siegfried

• Assistant
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2018, 05:57:49 PM »
Wouldn't that be something!! I won't be holding my breath though.

When it comes to the later Dark Ages manufacturers shy away from any armies other than Viking, Saxon and Norman. It gets a bit boring after a while. Once Victrix releases theirs the markets going to be pretty saturated. I'll get a box or two of the Victrix releases, but that will be me done with collecting Late Dark Ages until someone brings out figures for a different army of the period.

Me too! As much as I love the Late Dark Ages, I must admit that now we have quite a saturated market for that period. I would love it if someone dared to venture into the Arthurian period and released a plastic range for that period.

I wonder though, what periods and armies are you, @Cram, interested in having in plastic?

Cheers!

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »
I love Zulu War and Mahdist War, the Perry's have some excellent plastics out for them  :)  2nd Afghan War, again the Perry's have some cracking plastic Brits out for that, I'd love them to change their minds and one day do plastic Afghans also.

Late Dark Ages would be Welsh, Scots and Irish. Hell I wish someone would do Welsh and Scots in metal let alone plastic!!

Everything for Early Dark Ages!

Plastic Caesarian Romans and Ancient Germans and Dacians.

I'm sure I'll add more to that wish list over time.

I know some of these are covered already by GB and Warlord, but those aren't to my taste.

I'd also love a bottomless wallet to buy all this stuff, the ability to freeze time to have more time to paint it all, and a bigger table than my current 5 and a half by 9 foot table to field bigger armies on!  lol

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2018, 07:06:44 PM »
Anything else you'd like to see in plastic Siegfried other than Early Dark Age?

I've already thought that more plastic American War of Independence by the Perry's would be great and Biblical would be cool!

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »

I've already thought that more plastic American War of Independence by the Perry's would be great and Biblical would be cool!

Well, Stephen Hales told me in their Facebook that after their experience with the Celtic chariots, the chaps at Victrix are willing to explore the possibility of starting a range of Egyptian and Hittite chariots. Keep your fingers crossed it comes to fruition!

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2018, 10:32:52 PM »
That would be brilliant! If it happens we would be looking at quite some time off yet I imagine, which is just as well as I've got enough on the go at the moment as it is!  ::)

Offline TheABG

• Student
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 10:26:28 AM »
I kinda wish they'd just go a little further forward and do plastic armies for the First Crusade.

Offline Siegfried

• Assistant
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2018, 08:19:31 PM »

Those sound like some really interesting box sets, @cram! I am sure they'd be great for kitbashing, especially if the Perrys turn out to release a plastic set of Afghan tribesmen. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that one!

I personally would love it if the Perry twins dared to venture once more into the Elizabethan period. I know they have a line of 40mm Border Reivers models, but I think it would be great if they expanded that to some 28mm metal and plastic ranges. I would buy the heck out of those sets! :D
Also, a nice plastic range for the English Civil War or the Thirty Years' War would be awesome too! It's incredible that the English Civil War, being one of the most popular periods amongst wargamers, doesn't have any plastic sets other than those mediocre Warlord boxes. Again, from an economic point of view, I think that if the Perrys released something of the sort, they would find a great demand for it. I for one would certainly buy quite a few of those.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 06:26:00 AM »
Those sound like some really interesting box sets, @cram! I am sure they'd be great for kitbashing, especially if the Perrys turn out to release a plastic set of Afghan tribesmen. Let's keep our fingers crossed for that one!

I personally would love it if the Perry twins dared to venture once more into the Elizabethan period. I know they have a line of 40mm Border Reivers models, but I think it would be great if they expanded that to some 28mm metal and plastic ranges. I would buy the heck out of those sets! :D
Also, a nice plastic range for the English Civil War or the Thirty Years' War would be awesome too! It's incredible that the English Civil War, being one of the most popular periods amongst wargamers, doesn't have any plastic sets other than those mediocre Warlord boxes. Again, from an economic point of view, I think that if the Perrys released something of the sort, they would find a great demand for it. I for one would certainly buy quite a few of those.

I wouldn't say mediocre, but sure there is room for improvement. I also believe that it would be a useful kit, particularly if they include enough heads to make the box work either for ECW or TYW. Alas, I don't think that we will see such a box anytime soon!

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 02:49:12 PM »
Hell I wish someone would do Welsh and Scots in metal let alone plastic!!

Crusader makes a small range of Scots in metal:

http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list.php?cat=4&sub=48&page=1

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »
For those that have missed the news from their facebook page and news letter mail.

I will buy tons of these...  :-*

" DARK AGES

We have been asked many times why Victrix has chosen to create a Dark Age range when there are so many other manufacturers that already have extensive ranges of Vikings, Saxons, Normans etc established in the wargames market.

This is very true but the way our design team have developed over the past 2 years we really believe we can add a new positive twist to this very popular period. We should have the first Viking renders ready to show in about a week. These are based on the concept sketches illustrated below this text.

Attention to detail such as natural body positions, fabric textures, the way hair looks and hangs, the character in the faces and may other details is what we will focus on to make sure our Dark Age range really stands out. Of course they will also look terrifying.

Initial work has stated on The Vikings and initial thoughts are a set of between 48-56 figures. This would comprise both armoured and unarmoured warriors plus command figures to include nobles, standard bearers, musicians, bersekers and champion figures. Again the command frame would include lots of head, weapon, arm options.

LittleBigMenStudios have committed to producing an extensive range of shield transfers and banners. "

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »
Footsore as well.

The footsore ones are great.

The great thing about this new Vitrix box, with all the options, is that you get an entire Saga warband in a box! I'm not happy with my old awkward GB ones so I'll be upgrading when these come out!

Offline bluechi

• Librarian
« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »
Vikings.....and i hoped fore some enemys for the late roman empire. Alemans, vandalen, huns, langobarden etc...but...you can not have enough vikings o_o

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2018, 11:13:56 AM »
Well, Stephen Hales told me in their Facebook that after their experience with the Celtic chariots, the chaps at Victrix are willing to explore the possibility of starting a range of Egyptian and Hittite chariots. Keep your fingers crossed it comes to fruition

That would be cool. 8)

Christopher