Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victrix Dark Ages anyone??  (Read 70288 times)

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
Victrix Dark Ages anyone??
« on: March 10, 2018, 02:22:07 PM »
A quick heads up for you guys!

Just read on their Facebook page that they will be starting on Dark Ages  next! No more details as to what exactly.

Good news though  :) :)

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: Victrix Dark Ages anyone??
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
If this happens, the Gripping Beast dark age plastics are suddenly not going to look so good...

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »
Great news.
Gripping Beast’s last few plastic sets have been extremely disappointing as far as I’m concerned. With the bare minimum components and uninspiring figures.
Victrix sets on the other hand, seem to have been getting better and better, so I’m really looking forward to seeing what they’re going to come out with.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »
I'll post when I hear more. They just finalising the ancients their currently working on before switching to the Dark ages. I'm hoping we will see the first set by late summer! Not that they've said as such.

They planning on returning to do ancient Germans, Dacians and Napoleonics at a later date.

Offline DonVoss

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
Looking forward to these sets....:)

Victrix is doing a very fine job lately.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
It's nice that the Dark Ages are receiving some love from manufacturers. Between GB, Footsore and now Victrix, we are going to be spoiled for choices

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
That is good news. Following them on facebook now. I don't have any Victrix kits as they don't do any of the areas I've been interested in, but their quality has always looked excellent.

Offline Engel

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
I see you guys had similar reaction as me... :D

And I was just about to restart my Viking project, sounds promising.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 07:49:34 PM »
Should be good  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:15 PM »
I've long since admired Victrix plastics, but haven't really been into ancients. If their Dark Ages sets are notably superior to the Gripping Beast ones, it would be perhaps enough to get me into a new era!

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »
The Victrix plastics are imo the best historical plastic sets. Imo better than Perry HYW/WotR. Certainly better than Fireforge, Conquest and Gripping Beasts.

I wonder what their first sets could be. Normans, Vikings and Saxons are already available, but I am certain Victrix could do better.

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 10:15:12 PM »
"Victrix Dark Ages"

That sounds positively yummy.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline cdm

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 07:46:11 AM »
Given how they've pretty much set the standard for chainmail, nude and light cloth in ancients, this was a pretty natural expansion. I can only see this being a good thing for everyone but competitors. I hope they may add in some picts and arabs of some kind.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 08:59:10 AM »
Had hoped they would squeeze in some Germanic Tribesmen before moving to another period... Ah well, what's another few years?

Enthusiasm for a new range really depends on what it'll entail. If just a few sets, we're likely looking at things mostly covered quite well by some plastic sets and many, many ranges of metals. Less well-trodden ground like plastic Irish or Carolingians would be great however. But I doubt we'll see them anytime soon. Some more unarmoured folk could still be useful though, especially if armed with bows!
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 09:28:18 AM »
We're looking at late Dark Age here, in case anyone was wondering if it was late or early Dark Ages, though it has been hinted that they may look at early at a later date.

Even though there's plastics out there Victrix can and I believe will do so much better in quality, and there are a lot of people unhappy with the standard of the competitors current plastics. Victrix is going to come out on top here , competitors might have started first, but I think they will be coming in last.

I imagine they'll do the usual three: Viking, Saxon, Norman. Then switch back to Napoleonics and Ancients to release those Dacians and Germans. After that more dark ages maybe..... That's just me  guessing though.

Whatever the case, I've started the ball rolling here on whats going to be a couple of years of active conversation regarding Victrix's Dark Age releases.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:36:00 AM by cram »