Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:44:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (AP 2018) Carnevale Guild and Patricians  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
(AP 2018) Carnevale Guild and Patricians
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
Reasoning that the pressure of public performance will make me get on and do stuff, I've decided to try and set myself the goal of finishing all of my Carnevale miniatures (including suitable ones that I've collected from other companies) by the end of the year. The 'stretch goal' is that I'll have all of the buildings completed too. And a board to put them on. With canals.

Now, I'm not always the speediest painter and my track record with scenery is pretty much non-existant so we shall see how this goes.

To start with, a picture of where I am now. This is probably 3/4 of the models and represents all of the ones that have been constructed and re-based. As you can see, a handful have been mostly painted but none are absolutely, 100% finished.

I'm intending to concentrate on The Guild to begin with - the citizens, rogues, ne'er-do-wells and freedom fighters.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: (AP 2018) Carnevale Guild and Patricians
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »
Look forward to seeing your progress, the Carnevale figures look super, my humble painting would never do them justice so always nice to see others work on them. :)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »
I'm keen to follow this.

I backed the KickStarter but my opponent has moved away for work and I haven't even undercoated the miniatures.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Keen to see these - I always liked this the Carnevale theme.

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »
Over the weekend I finished off the six models that were 90% finished and added two more that were started from scratch. This is really quite impressive for me - I tend to leave everything 'almost finished' because I don't have the discipline to do the last few steps. Anyway, pics are below.

By the way, if I'm doing something wrong in the way that I post the pics, do let me know. I'm trying not to make them too big, etc. but I've not done this before so will take guidance. Would it be better if I just post the link to the gallery? Dunno.

Pulcinella mob

How rude!

King Pulcinella

Bravos of the Guild

Recruiter

Pistolier

The Duke

Male citizen

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:24:03 AM »
They look great!

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:57:33 AM »
Superb! They all look lovely but the Duke is my favourite, great figure and looks soooo nice! :)

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »
The photo sizes are fine.
Just posting the link is easier for you, however, as the viewers, we want it easier for us, and you may lose your following. Just my observation.

Great work on the miniatures.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
Superb! They all look lovely but the Duke is my favourite, great figure and looks soooo nice! :)

That's the model that first caught my attention from the entire range and is possibly still my favourite. You probably don't want to know quite how much swearing there was while constructing the damn thing. And then, after I'd finished painting him, I slightly knocked it in an odd way and it snapped off at the ankle.  *sigh* He's like the Bionic Man - metal pins everywhere!

The photo sizes are fine.
Just posting the link is easier for you, however, as the viewers, we want it easier for us, and you may lose your following. Just my observation.

Great work on the miniatures.

Thank you for the advice!

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
Pictures are great, good size and in focus.

Who is the long coat guy with the 2 pistols?

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 11:32:00 AM »
Who is the long coat guy with the 2 pistols?

That one is from the "Privateers 1" pack from Black Scorpion Miniatures. I picked up a few from their Pirate range as they are sufficiently generic that they can fit into this, allowing for the carnival-costume vibe.

I've also got a handful of Brotherhood/Bruderschaft miniatures from Freebooter Miniatures for similar reasons.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 03:04:33 PM »
Thanks.
I have a couple of Black Scorpion figures in one of my Carnevale bands but had not seen that guy before. I like him.

The Freebooter's Brotherhood make excellent Guild proxies. Reaper have a couple of lovely figures in Venetian style masks too.

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 10:19:31 PM »
Evening all!

I've not had much time to paint over the last couple of weeks but here are three more that I've got finished.

The Guild - Butcher

The Guild - Barber

The Guild - Female Citizen

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »
Fantastic stuff.

I keep meaning to paint my existing Carnevale stuff before the new tt combat stuff arrives. The old models are lovely but assembly is always a pain though, I hate fiddly multi part metal models.

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
Fantastic stuff.

I keep meaning to paint my existing Carnevale stuff before the new tt combat stuff arrives. The old models are lovely but assembly is always a pain though, I hate fiddly multi part metal models.

Thank you for that. Re: construction: I have chosen to file them under the heading "a challenge" which has kept me sane. On the other hand, I have yet to attempt the pulcinella-on-ostrich model. I fear it.