Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: FfoL:Galactic Heroes KS starts Today!  (Read 5737 times)

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
FfoL:Galactic Heroes KS starts Today!
« on: March 11, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »
Rocket engines blaze to life. Lasers light up the formless void. Galactic Empires clash. A lone hero rises up to fight for the resistance.
Welcome to the world of Fistful of Lead: Galactic Heroes!
In Galactic Heroes, or GH for short, you’ll take on the role of a Hero or Villain, leading a scruffy pirate crew looking for adventure, or maybe a troop of faceless soldiers of the Empire in search of bringing order to the galaxy. It’s really up to you!
Like all the Fistful of Lead games, you’ll only need 5 or 6 miniatures per player. You can play 1-on-1 games or larger skirmishes with up to 6 or 8 players. This book contains all the information you need to play a game, including rules for building your forces and how to set up the table for different scenarios. Most players will pick up the game mechanics quickly, even people who haven’t played a wargame before.  If you’ve played Fistful of Lead before, a lot of this will be familiar.
Galactic Heroes allows you to play a small scale wargame in the far flung future, a galaxy, far, far away, a grim, dark future 40,000 years from now, or a certain Red Planet where swords and rayguns reign supreme. Whatever YOU think Sci-Fi looks like, from your favorite Space Opera to gritty Pulp epic.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/592450292/galactic-hereos
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:47:10 PM by BaronVonJ »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: FfoL:Galactic Heroes KS starts Thursday!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
Not going to miss this one! Great news!

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
Glad someone thinks so!

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 04:19:09 PM »
Definitely interested in this.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »
Me too  :D
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 05:46:59 PM »
Bring it on!
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 10:33:33 PM »
I'm very much looking forward  to this. In fact my gaming group is going to play some Fist Full of Lead tomorrow.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
When doesn't it go live? I searched for it but couldn't find it.

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: FfoL:Galactic Heroes KS starts Today!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2018, 07:36:36 AM »
Just a quick query: if I try and add the pdf only it automatically adds $15 extra for uk shipping. As I only want the pdf the shipping costs will push the total above the customs threshold for tax and handling fees (a minimum of $11 just for handling).  Is there any way to just get a PDF and not receive any of the non-digital items? Basically a digital only pledge, I suppose.

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
No space pirate badge for those of us with galactic scale larceny in our hearts?  lol
I jest, don't sic the Star Marshals on me.

Where does this ship from, though? I couldn't find it mentioned on the Kickstarter though perhaps I'm just displaying my
shameful lack of knowledge regarding the FoL system.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 09:43:55 AM »
Just a quick query: if I try and add the pdf only it automatically adds $15 extra for uk shipping. As I only want the pdf the shipping costs will push the total above the customs threshold for tax and handling fees (a minimum of $11 just for handling).  Is there any way to just get a PDF and not receive any of the non-digital items? Basically a digital only pledge, I suppose.

Another request for that from the UK please? Maybe if such an option were available it could include a pdf of the cards too?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:47:20 AM by Commander Roj »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
I have a question too: Space Ranger pledge gets a printed book + PDF, $25 like the Bounty Hunter level, tokens $5, and cards $20.  $50 of stuff for $65 and then a charge for shipping?

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »
I hasn't even been 24 hours and we're almost halfway funded!
Thanks everyone!

As with any launch, we've got a few complications. Some people have asked about the digital only pledge and the shipping costs that KS wants to add. The shipping is there for the physical FREEBIE items unlocked during the campaign, like the dice and badge you've just unlocked. If you just don't want those things, and only want what I can send you digitally, I can refund your shipping at the end. Unfortunately KS doesn't let me amend any prices once we've started.

One another note, if I'm not immediately responsive to your questions this weekend, I apologize in advance. Wiley Games is headed to Oklahoma City in a few hours to attend TwisterCon. I will post pictures and hopefully some video of an advance game of Galactic Heroes. If you're anyone near OKC this weekend, stop on by and play.

We have a UK distributor for Wiley Games product who'll I'm sure will reveal himself very soon. Unfortunately at the time of launch.

Fiona: Wiley Games is located in the Queen City of the Plains, home of Harry S Truman, Independence, Missouri. There have been lots of recent posts on Fistful of Lead if you do a search here. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying the recent Limehouse build in the Gothic Horror section will using FfoL for their game mechanic. And do Space Pirates really want a badge?

Asbestos: The addition of the extra bits means a bigger box, which means I went a tier in shipping costs. I have to take into account that we will actually meet our funding which means a bunch of free stuff that adds weight.

-J

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
Another request for that from the UK please? Maybe if such an option were available it could include a pdf of the cards too?
+1 (or is it +2)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin