Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:19:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689604
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 545
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blitzkrieg 1940 for Chain of Command  (Read 6693 times)

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Blitzkrieg 1940 for Chain of Command
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »
That’s two of us then. No good can come of this, mark my words!

I can't wait to game Hauptman Spiller's Raid! I am sure they will have to include that famous action...I am still looking for suitable in-scale buses.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 02:25:07 AM »
I can't wait to game Hauptman Spiller's Raid! I am sure they will have to include that famous action...I am still looking for suitable in-scale buses.

That does appeal.  The Kings Choice actually fired my imagination. The Days Gone By  diecast range has a couple of useful candidates including a Scania bus and IIRC, someone else maybe Corgi did a suitably 1940s looking Bedford OB. Almost finished scratch building  the first house for a small Norwegian village.

The trick would be to find suitably uniformed King's Guard figures. I was thinking that there maybe something in mixing Perry ACW figures with Warlord Japanese for the rifles and helmets. Maybe we should petition Gorgon Studios. I've already asked Hank, the owner, for a Colt M29 machine gun.

Looking forward to the CoC handbook.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 11:09:13 PM »
That does appeal.  The Kings Choice actually fired my imagination. The Days Gone By  diecast range has a couple of useful candidates including a Scania bus and IIRC, someone else maybe Corgi did a suitably 1940s looking Bedford OB. Almost finished scratch building  the first house for a small Norwegian village.

The trick would be to find suitably uniformed King's Guard figures. I was thinking that there maybe something in mixing Perry ACW figures with Warlord Japanese for the rifles and helmets. Maybe we should petition Gorgon Studios. I've already asked Hank, the owner, for a Colt M29 machine gun.

Looking forward to the CoC handbook.

I have bought several of the Pulp Figures version of the  water cooled colt M1917 to stand in for my M29s. (both the Empress and the Tiger Miniatures ones look way too small to me)
Did the King's Guard wear a different uniform to the standard Norwegian army? I wasn't aware of that. I was going to use some civilian figures in the road block mixed in for militia volunteers from rifle clubs etc. Tiger miniatures do some trappers and hunters in winter gear that can be adapted.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:11:08 PM by vodkafan »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2018, 05:57:02 AM »
Yes, they were wearing their undress blue uniforms with the ‘Baltic’ (Swedish) helmets  or just the ‘tent’ sidecaps apparently.  They were rushed off when the Royal Family evacuated Oslo. If the Kings Choice is to be believed, many were wearing a snow smock or windbreaker over the tunics. Would make for a nice splash of colour, well dark blue with white trouser stripes and some green piping anyway. There’s a plate in the relevant Osprey, Hitler’s Blitzkreig Enemies. Downloadable as a PDF if you want it quickly.

I was considering the Pulp M 1917s. The police version in his Gangland Justice range seemed the most useful. I’m fortunate in that I have a few spare spade grips to convert it.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »
Yes, they were wearing their undress blue uniforms with the ‘Baltic’ (Swedish) helmets  or just the ‘tent’ sidecaps apparently.  They were rushed off when the Royal Family evacuated Oslo. If the Kings Choice is to be believed, many were wearing a snow smock or windbreaker over the tunics. Would make for a nice splash of colour, well dark blue with white trouser stripes and some green piping anyway. There’s a plate in the relevant Osprey, Hitler’s Blitzkreig Enemies. Downloadable as a PDF if you want it quickly.

I was considering the Pulp M 1917s. The police version in his Gangland Justice range seemed the most useful. I’m fortunate in that I have a few spare spade grips to convert it.

Carlos I have PMd you so as not to derail the topic any further!

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »
Our group here out west played two games already, and I must say, we really enjoy the EW taste.  All the new stuff is really enjoyable as well very playable.  I especially enjoy the newly added "red dice" and the Force Morale Track.  This added mechanics is genius! 
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Offline Black Burt

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2018, 04:51:42 PM »
Looking forward to my next game, might go for a 'Stuka Bombardment' or some 'Shabby Nazi Tricks', should add a bit of fun to the game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:47:34 AM by Black Burt »

Offline Redmist1122

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
I had the BEF and bought the Drinks Cabinet, but I didn't have to use it.  We played the Airborne drop scenario w/FJs and that was pretty fun!  I'm with you, I think next time we have to try the Stuka Bombardment and/or the Shabby Nazi Tricks.  I bought the Germans in nuns outfit from Warlord a few months back.  Looked cool, and didn't know how to integrate them in a game.  Now with the EW Booklet, they will fit just well.

Good gaming.

Offline Black Burt

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:55 AM »
Note to oneself must buy a few Nuns  lol

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
Note to oneself must buy a few Nuns  lol

You must paint them with big hairy arms like the ones in the French film "A Weekend at Dunkirk"