Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Landsknechts (Steel Fist Minis) - update 20 Oct.  (Read 18827 times)

Offline Erik

• Scientist
Re: Landsknechts (Steel Fist Minis) - update 20 Oct.
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2019, 09:35:10 AM »
Superb painting.  :o :o

I haven't painted my doppelsöldner yet as I haven't decided whether or not to put them on the pikebase as you have done. The games I play are 50/50 about incorporating them into the landsknecht units and acting as a bonus or representing them as separate units so its a tough choice.

Putting them on the base look best in my view and it goes a long way in solving the problem with the pikes pointing forward if you have guys with great weapons running in front of the unit.

Nice job!

Cheers
Erik

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
Re: Landsknechts (Steel Fist Minis) - update 26 March
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »
Update on my Steel Fist figures.

Mick - How did you get the "bronze" effect on the two armoured foot figures in the foreground?

BvW
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Landsknechts (Steel Fist Minis) - update 26 March
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2019, 06:52:17 PM »
Mick - How did you get the "bronze" effect on the two armoured foot figures in the foreground?

BvW

I can't speak for Mick but I'm guessing that there are a few brown washes (light) in there as well as various mixes of (I still use Vallejo) metals?

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2019, 02:34:24 PM »
The five figures with gilded armour started with black undercoat then overbrushed with bronze ( Vallejo Bright Bronze).

After that, the figure was overbrushed with a highlight using Citadel Burnished Gold (or Vallejo Glorious Gold).
Them I washed the whole thing with Citadel Agrax Earthshade.

You have to redo the gold and wash a few times so that you get consistent bright highlights and deep shadows.
Sometimes, I mix a very bright silver with the gold to get an even brighter gold.

For metals, I like Citadel paints best and next I like Vallejo Game Colour. I use both interchangeably and mix them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:36:45 PM by Mick_in_Switzerland »

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2019, 09:38:54 PM »
Thanks, Mick - and Darrell.  I'm more a Foundry Triad man, myself; but I think I have the equivalents of all the colours you both mentioned.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »
Thanks, Mick - and Darrell.  I'm more a Foundry Triad man, myself; but I think I have the equivalents of all the colours you both mentioned.

Baron, If I may interject, I think that you will get better results with the Vallejo metals. They have much more pigment in than the Foundry 'metals'. Unless I just got a bad batch of the Foundry paints?

Whatever, I'm certain that you'll love colouring them in :)