Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rickshaw in 15 mm (or 18 mm)?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Rickshaw in 15 mm (or 18 mm)?
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
Title says it, really.  Anyone know of a rickshaw model for 15/18 mm figures?  Or something that would be an easy conversion?

Looking to add a little extra 'personality' to my Boxer Rebellion figures

Thanks!

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Rickshaw in 15 mm (or 18 mm)?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:29:38 AM »
Pedro,

Thanks for the link to the Essex Han Chinese wheelbarrow pusher!  I'll be adding some of them to my collection. 

Afraid I'me already very familiar with Blue Moon's Boxer range - that is why I'm looking for a rickshaw.  One more order from Blue Moon for some buildings and a gun or two and I'll be done collecting any known to exist figures of interest except these odd little bits that I'm always on the lookout for.  (Unless I cave in on 15 mm Seven Years War which is getting more likely and if my 15 mm desired German East Africa becomes viable which Lancashire is working on.)

However, for others 'listening in', I'm still hunting for Chinese rickshaws and other such goodies to enhance my Boxer rebellion games.  Empress Dowager out there somewhere?  ;)

FA
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:33:26 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 02:34:30 AM »
FifteensAway, I share you rickshaw search both in terms of my desire to find one or several and in my failure to satisfy that desire.  When I first saw that Blue Moon was including a passive Chinese civilian pack I had great hope that they would include one in that group of figures.  As you know that didn't happen.  Good luck to both of us on this quest. 
I should note that I hope to be done with my 28mm post apoc collection in late April or early May at which time my plan is to begin my 15mm Boxer Rebellion.  How is yours coming? Richard
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:37:44 AM by War In 15MM »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 02:46:29 AM »
Richard,

My Boxer collection is stagnant for the moment - though I do plan to buy in another batch of buildings and a gun or two.  Figures are collected except for the esoteric desires - hence my starting this thread. 

Prepping for an FIW game this Saturday, 1,000 figures strong including casualty figures.  No forts or buildings though.  Check the Flouncy Shirts page for a thread I started there with a photo or two via a blog link.

If I find a rickshaw in appropriate scale, I'll be sure to let you know.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 10:21:21 PM »
FifteensAway, I do love the FIW... will always be grateful to Blue Moon for that great collection of figures and buildings.  I will check out Flouncy Shirts.  If you find any "enrichment" items for the Boxer Rebellion, rickshaw or other, I would definitely appreciate the heads up.  I got lucky a the Brookhurst Bring & Buy a few weeks back and found a couple of the Foo Dogs (I probably have the name wrong) by Wyrd/Malifaux.  While the Malifaux stuff is 28mm and tends to be very expensive, I got these for $2 each, and they are small pieces that I believe will serve well in front of the French legation... I think it was the French legation that had a pair of them; anyway one of the legations has a pair of them at the gate entrance.  Have a great game.  Richard

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 02:39:56 AM »
Local acquaintance revealed at convention today he has a 3D Printer now and I've asked him to be on the hunt for a printable rickshaw.  If he can find suitable models, I'll have him make enough for sharing (are you listening, Richard - how many would you want?).  Made some other requests, too, but for unrelated periods - except for more animals for my Plains of Africa set-up.  Yeah!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 03:37:01 AM »
FifteensAway, I am listening.  Two or three would suit me fine.  Richard

Offline west18

• Schoolboy
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 08:55:07 PM »
Sounds like you may have got this sorted out.  If not, the old Atlantic Chinese Revolution plastic set has a rickshaw (with a Chinese lady passenger) which is very small for 1/72 (probably closer to 1/87).  I was lucky enough to get some on ebay a while ago and have a couple spare if you would like one.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 05:27:39 AM »
west18 PM sent - though a little investigation saw a set for $80 bucks or so.  That's a LOT too much for my blood.  I can always scratch build something.  Just hoping for a model all ready available.

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 11:39:23 PM »
Papercraft, and free: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/204408/Samurai-Castle-Builder-Rickshaw

Print it at 60% (or maybe even 50%) and you're good to go.
Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing