Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:09:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: AP2018 Vanvlak's Kharadron Overlords & friends  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
AP2018 Vanvlak's Kharadron Overlords & friends
« on: March 12, 2018, 04:33:15 PM »
It's a credit to GW that despite my disappointment at the destruction of the Old World and the loss of ranked troops I am engaging in AoS. In order to emphasise the difference between Oldhammer and AoS I went ahead and bought a starter set of Kharadron Overlords (currently in the post), as these are completely difference from anything oldwordly. Well, so are Sigmar's shiny armoured guys - mental block, whassernames...., but I went steampunk. More importantly, I have a colour plan (two actually) in mind I want to try out.

Note that this is my second AP thread... I am trying to be even better than usual at failing!

As they are still on the way I went back on all my good intentions and found an old model I'll include in the force, together with a new one which is at hand already. The latter is the re-released Warscryer Citadel, a nice bit of scenery. It's mountainy, lofty look fits with the dwar - duardin or whatever they call them now, and on the GW site there's a conversion of one to an airship platform - a sort of aerial quay. I want to retain the observatory, but I might look into converting this to fit both aims.

The other model (just seen at the base of the box, and closer up below) is the older one, the classic Dwarf Gyrocopter. How does this fir in? Simple: it's been restored and flown by an aircraft restoration society  :D

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: AP2018 Vanvlak's Kharadron Overlords & friends
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:40:54 PM »
The starter box arrived, and here's no. 1 assembled together with the gyrocopter. The new dwarfs are typically larger, but as they're armoured in steampunk it's not that big an issue.
With a change of guns they might make fine Squats...

Offline Corso

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:51:25 PM »
Great start :D

I'm waiting for my prince to make his/her/its comeback to delve again in AoS lol lol

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
Good luck with that, Corso  :D

As it's windy here and as I spray on the roof not much of that is happening, and I wanted to do the test model before assembling the rest - so I had fun with terrain instead.