Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:09:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gladiators! Rejoice! Arena available again.  (Read 6574 times)

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
Re: Gladiators! Rejoice! Arena available again.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 09:49:34 PM »

Offline TheWanderer

• Student
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 10:02:37 PM »
How suitable is this set for 28mm figures? I'm very, very close to pulling the trigger on the set but I don't want it to be ludicrously out of scale with my collection of figures.

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 11:32:06 PM »
For those in the good old USA :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Playmobil-Add-On-6548-Roman-Colosseum-New-Sealed/183121105488?hash=item2aa2de5250:g:ejMAAOSwxo9apSXZ

I bought from this seller. I got it within 4 days and it is the entire full arena model. (no figures )

Its big. About 30 inches across, diameter.  So two 28mm figures fighting it out have a lot of room.  A LOT.  Room for dice, cards, counters, etc. Plenty of room for some other fighting pairs, obstacles, whatever.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:39:13 PM by Bloodaxe »

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2018, 11:05:20 PM »
How did you obtain the extra "wide pieces with seats"?

So far I have two from a pretty beat up set and two that were listed as replacement parts on eBay. I think I still need one more set.
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 11:21:22 PM »
So far I have two from a pretty beat up set and two that were listed as replacement parts on eBay. I think I still need one more set.

thx..

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »

Interesting...in the Finnish store one can:
  • click "Show building instructions"
  • find the seating piece (30 26 6350)
  • go back to the site, click "Find Spare parts" at the bottom
  • enter the code (without spaces!)
  • get "WALL W/ DOUBLE ARCHES - LIGHT YELLOW" for 7,85 €
  • add to cart
  • ?
  • profit!
That link (spare parts) doesn't seem to be present in various other country-specific stores. Weird. Now I feel like ordering the set with all the extras just because I can. lol

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 10:21:51 PM »
You can double your money if you order a set for me.

Interesting...in the Finnish store one can:
  • click "Show building instructions"
  • find the seating piece (30 26 6350)
  • go back to the site, click "Find Spare parts" at the bottom
  • enter the code (without spaces!)
  • get "WALL W/ DOUBLE ARCHES - LIGHT YELLOW" for 7,85 €
  • add to cart
  • ?
  • profit!
That link (spare parts) doesn't seem to be present in various other country-specific stores. Weird. Now I feel like ordering the set with all the extras just because I can. lol

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
How suitable is this set for 28mm figures? I'm very, very close to pulling the trigger on the set but I don't want it to be ludicrously out of scale with my collection of figures.

Apologies for the lack of clothing, but I don't have a lot of seated figures. The devil girl on the back wall's legs are actually two long to set her on a bench. She would have to have a pillow.  Still as you can see the scale is pretty close.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 11:03:36 PM »
That is very cool and I want one. Sadly ebay shipping is $100  lol

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »

Have you tried contacting Playmobil directly?
They have a customer service department which supplies spare parts to augment sets or replace broken pieces. Also some pieces that were not available in the catalogue.
There used to be customer services in both UK and Germany.
There used to be a small customer service catalogue (although last time I saw one was a few years ago), and it always included things like extra wall sections for the castle (so you could build a huge castle layout), they may be able to sell you the extra sections you need without resorting to ebay
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »
Have you tried contacting Playmobil directly?
I think I miss counted. I appear to have all the pieces I need.

Then I saw this.

On the one hand I am apparently not the maddest of the mad, on the other hand, I want it.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 06:50:19 AM »
Wow... just repeat "its impractical for playing" over and over until the urge to buy releases you :p

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 02:26:44 AM »
I’ve been collecting the pieces for my Playmobil gladiator arena for years.  My hope is that when I get around to the repurposing and painting, I will have seating sections to replace all the arena’s wall sections.  I currently am missing only one seating section needed to complete the circle.  If I fail to get that last section, I will use the VIP box
seats at both ends of the arena as shown in the attached picture.  I got my original arena at a clearance sale at Toys R Us years ago.  Many of the additional seating sections were purchased on eBay (when the price was right) and a few were found at my local swap meet.  I think it will be a great project.   The picture shown by Bloodaxe in his first posting is excellent, and I’ve put it in my Gladiator folder to reference when I begin my work. gladiator arena by Richard Garretson, on Flickr

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
I like the look of the VIP section at both ends. You just need to concoct a back story that explains the presence of two rival factions. Like the Blues and Greens in Constantinople or Civil and Religious authorities.  Are you keeping the columns? I am going to construct a little roof over the dais. I have some Caryatid columns that should look quite nice.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »
The Red Graf, I will probably keep the columns.  I currently have 9 of the 10 seating sections (8 are in the picture) needed to complete the arena without the second VIP box.  If/when I get that 10th section I will still complete the second VIP box because why not have that option too.  I would love to see pictures of the roof you are planning to add; hope you will post.  As of this moment I am deep in a post apoc project and planning to follow that with the Boxer Rebellion so I still have awhile before I have to complete my final plans for the arena project.  The Sarissa Roman buildings are drawing me to the idea that just outside the arena I will have a Roman street layout... maybe even a dock area just off that.  A few years back I got the Playmobil Roman ship at the swap meet... fun to think about.  Richard