Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:12:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spectre Operations for 20mm?  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Spectre Operations for 20mm?
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:57:15 AM »
After reading some good reviews of the rules for modern combat published by Spectre Miniatures, Spectre Operations, I have been thinking to buy it. However, my Present day armies -well, early 2000s, actually- are in 20mm and the rules, apparently, are designed to play with 28s (which is commercially sensible from Spectre Miniatures point of view!). I was wondering if someone in LAF has any experience with the rules and could give me some idea about how well -or not- it scales down.

I wouldn't like to spend 20 pounds plus shipping and then realize that I can't use the rules with what I have already painted!

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Spectre Operations for 20mm?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
The rules as written are designed for 20mm bases, though I suspect that most people use either 25mm slot bases or 25mm flat bases.

If you are happy with the larger real world distances and have your figures individually on close to 20mm bases (round) then you should be fine.

Visually it should be improved because of the more spaced nature of the figures and buildings.

For 20mm, I would keep the Imperial measurements, converting to metric would make it rather cramped.