Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:06:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686482
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: With a Turned Thumb - 28mm Gladiator Games in Ancient Rome  (Read 1142 times)

Offline TheWanderer

• Student
With a Turned Thumb - 28mm Gladiator Games in Ancient Rome
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:27:03 PM »

I've recently run a few playtests of my latest project - it uses an innovative card-based combat system combined with tried-and-tested skirmish mechanics to make a blisteringly quick tactical experience that gives you a taste of fighting on the burning sands of the coliseum.

The first playtest is already up on the blog, I'm in the process of making adjustments and running the second playtest now. Check back for more!

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
Re: With a Turned Thumb - 28mm Gladiator Games in Ancient Rome
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:32 PM »
Whats the Blog?   have you seen Blood Sweat & Cheers?  Im very interested in this.

Offline TheWanderer

• Student
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:05:11 PM »
It's hosted off the Wanderer Productions website - I use it to post stuff about game development and upcoming projects etc.

Offline Bloodaxe

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:36:04 PM »
It's hosted off the Wanderer Productions website - I use it to post stuff about game development and upcoming projects etc.

Ok,  a link would help people see what you are offering. I didnt see that part of your post was a link. It was all the same color, so kind of hidden. Found it now.  Thanks.

Here:

https://wanderer.productions/blog/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:41:39 PM by Bloodaxe »

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
Interesting playtest - but why on earth would a fighter be exhausted after one short charge, even wearing heavy armour?
My understanding from talking to re-enactors is that armour doesn't slow you down, but running around in it for an extended period exhausts you.
Also, close combat is very, very exhausting - much more so than movement. You can only do it for a short while before you need to rest.
So in your example, I'd think the Murmillo should arrive fresh in the combat, both fighters should tire quickly when actually fighting, but the armoured guy should tire quicker.

Offline TheWanderer

• Student
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 10:37:26 PM »
The wording of the playtest may be unclear - exhaustion is not a binary thing - it steadily accrues as a fighter moves around or engages in combat. A fighter with endurance 8 will not starting getting tired until his exhaustion exceeds this figure.