Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Black Order - All Things End  (Read 196623 times)

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
Re: The Black Order - The Five Champions
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2020, 06:16:00 PM »
Thanks a bunch, guys.

Just wanted to share the pre-game world building and lore with you. You'll notice that I heavily edited Mission 1 of Rangers of Shadow Deep. The mission is now called Death in the Deepwood, and Scenario 1 is called Desperate Stand. I really augmented the difficulty levels for part 1. We just played through it earlier today, and...yeah. I'll let you make predictions for yourselves!

As ever, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: The Black Order - Death in the Deepwood: Desperate Stand
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2020, 03:27:21 AM »
Wow! Very impressive. So much so that I find it difficult to articulate my level of respect for your artistic ability. Your presentation is an epic culmination of the lore crafting and brushwork you have already demonstrated to an excellent level. Now it appears you have professional level graphic design skills as well.

You have done a brilliant job of designing a gateway into a world that is compelling to play in with interesting protagonists to follow. I can see nothing to improve on. I salute you.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2020, 06:33:02 AM »
Is there no end to your talents ....seriously good work, from the kit bashing, painting, & photography, through to the writing and presentation.

8)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2020, 08:24:33 AM »
Fantastic! Scenario sounds tough, but should be doable with the leveled up party.

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
« Reply #409 on: May 31, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »
Stunning! As mentioned by the other comments is there no limit to your skillsets?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2020, 06:54:32 AM »
Very cool. M
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Mister Frau Blucher

• Scientist
    • Swords Under Distant Suns
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2020, 06:47:06 PM »
Great stuff! Very atmospheric.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2020, 07:30:58 PM »
Absolutely incredible. As others have said, your many talents are very impressive, and this is easily one of my favourite threads on the forum.

As for the obligatory Myth comment, as I read the excellent narration it was a particular voice in my mind (and the moody music of the games also came to mind.  :D)

Very inspiring stuff. Also, was the map made with any particular software?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 07:36:29 PM by Gibby »

Offline Lord_of_Moria

• Schoolboy
« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
Wonderful work & presentation.
Thanks for posting & cheers

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #414 on: June 03, 2020, 08:58:15 PM »
Wow! Very impressive. So much so that I find it difficult to articulate my level of respect for your artistic ability. Your presentation is an epic culmination of the lore crafting and brushwork you have already demonstrated to an excellent level. Now it appears you have professional level graphic design skills as well.

You have done a brilliant job of designing a gateway into a world that is compelling to play in with interesting protagonists to follow. I can see nothing to improve on. I salute you.

Thanks very much indeed Rick. Glad you enjoyed it. Honestly doubt I'd have done this outside of lockdown, so glad that it's bringing some joy to someone! Looks like I'll have the free time to compile the next two parts of the report. Hope you enjoy the rest.

Is there no end to your talents ....seriously good work, from the kit bashing, painting, & photography, through to the writing and presentation.

8)

Cheers mate. A lot of it's down to lockdown-induced free time. Hope you enjoy the next few entries too. Really been enjoying your stuff of late - it's a shame there isn't an annual LAF meetup to play games!

Fantastic! Scenario sounds tough, but should be doable with the leveled up party.

Thanks mate. Yes, part 1 was...quite interesting. I'll have the next part up soon I hope :)

Stunning! As mentioned by the other comments is there no limit to your skillsets?

Thanks a lot! :)

Very cool. M

Cheers!

Great stuff! Very atmospheric.

That's the aim :) Thanks!

Absolutely incredible. As others have said, your many talents are very impressive, and this is easily one of my favourite threads on the forum.

As for the obligatory Myth comment, as I read the excellent narration it was a particular voice in my mind (and the moody music of the games also came to mind.  :D)

Very inspiring stuff. Also, was the map made with any particular software?

Ha! I'm glad you got the (pretty heavy) homage :) The map was made with Inkarnate Pro. I REALLY recommend it, the free version is perfectly good and the paid version (if you go for the yearly option) gives you everything you'll ever need (and it's being added to all the time).

Wonderful work & presentation.
Thanks for posting & cheers

Thank you!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #415 on: June 04, 2020, 05:43:16 AM »
That looks great. I never realised how well the background of Rangers of Shadowdeep fits with Myth. Perfect for substituting the rules across for a board game version. So will you have them questing all the way to fight Balor? Maybe give them Alric for the last battle?

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #416 on: June 04, 2020, 06:47:12 AM »
Endless awesomeness!  :-*

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #417 on: June 04, 2020, 08:25:16 AM »

what he said  :-*

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2020, 02:31:12 PM »
That looks great. I never realised how well the background of Rangers of Shadowdeep fits with Myth. Perfect for substituting the rules across for a board game version. So will you have them questing all the way to fight Balor? Maybe give them Alric for the last battle?

Thanks mate. The Myth homage is pretty evident, huh :) I'm keeping it still within the Black Order world I've been working on, but the Myth inspirations will continue to be clear, I guess!

Endless awesomeness!  :-*

Thank you!

what he said  :-*

Cheers mate.

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2020, 02:33:58 PM »
Here we go - episode 2 of Death in the Deepwood and the first proper RoSD battle report! Hope you enjoy this one... Still lots to learn!