Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:28:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 3 Leaderboard  (Read 48353 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Season 3 Leaderboard
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »
Okay, maths isn't my strong point so please check this looks right!

If you think I've shortchanged you somehow, please ask me via pm - I have the spreadsheets to support the calculations!
(Spreadsheets! I'm learning lots of new things here  lol)

Clearly at this stage of the game, the only thing really separating the top 20 is points difference!

All still to play for. Pip Pip!  ;)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »
We trust you Captain.  But just to be sure where is the scoring criteria?

:D :D
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
All I can say is I'm glad you are doing it and not me  ;)

By the way that's a mighty fine looking table there  :D

dodge

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »
We trust you Captain.  But just to be sure where is the scoring criteria?

:D :D

Aha! Good question. The scoring criteria are in the 'LPL rules' topic, but for ease I reproduce them below  ;)

Depending on the number of votes cast, participants receive League Points.

If the difference between votes is Five or less, the match is considered a "Draw" and both participants receive 20 points.

If the difference between votes is Six or more, the participant who received more votes is considered the "Winner" and receives 30 points, whereas his opponent, the "Loser" receives 10 points.

In addition, participants receive "bonus points" depending on the number of votes cast. For this, the number of votes received by the participant is divided by 10, the result being the number of "bonus points" the participant receives, ranging from 0 (9 votes or less) to a maximum of 5 (50 votes or more).

Plus 'super bonus' points for the themed rounds, obviously.
Plus, from round 2 onwards, bonus points for entering a new (i.e. new to the competition and also previously unpublished) team.

Hope that's all clear...

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:57:46 AM »
No Wonder you need a spreadsheet to work it all out  lol

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »
All seems clear to me apart from the last column.  I thought this was just how many votes each competitor received but there are some with a minus so it can't be that.   ???  (Not a big issue - just curious.)

And I was wondering about the "New Team" bonus for round 10. 

If a participant fields both five Explorers AND five "Primitives" and neither have been seen before do they receive 10 "new" bonus points or 20?  Or, in order to receive a "new" bonus of 10 does the competitor need to submit two groups of the required five? 

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
It's votes difference, Orctrader, like goal difference in football: Votes for minus votes against.

My understanding of the bonus situation is that the new team bonus is unconnected to the bonus points for fitting the theme. So you get the points for the various explorers and primitives, and the new team bonus goes on top of that if nothing in your team has been shown before. But I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:36:37 PM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 12:37:28 PM »
It's votes difference, Orctrader, like goal difference in football: Votes for minus votes against.

Thanks  :)  (I think.  I don't watch sport because I'd rather read or paint.  What the hell is "Goal Aggregate" anyway? - I have heard this mentioned on the News, that last bit when they insist on talking Sport.  And does anyone care?  lol lol lol )

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 12:41:24 PM »
In some competitions a fixture is decided by two matches, one home and one away. The total score over the two matches is the aggregate. So if you lost 1-0 away but won 4-2 at home the aggregate score would be 4-3 to you and you would be triumphant and victorious. Hurrah!

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »
................. insist on talking Sport.  And does anyone care?  lol lol lol )

Yes  lol lol lol

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 12:58:51 PM »

My understanding of the bonus situation is that the new team bonus is unconnected to the bonus points for fitting the theme. So you get the points for the various explorers and primitives, and the new team bonus goes on top of that if nothing in your team has been shown before. But I may be wrong.

What Plynkes said...  :)

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 01:24:35 PM »

What Plynkes said...  :)

Clear - Apart from...Let me explain by example - and I am only talking about Round 10 as the question does not apply in any other round.

Competitor "A"  One team of Space Marines - "new".  No Theme points but 10 for being new.

Competitor "B"  5 Primitives, five explorers Big Dino all "new"  Maximum theme points plus how many for "new?"

Competitor "C" 5 Primitives, five explorers Big Dino -  five primitives "new" but explorers posted on the Web before.  Maximum theme points plus how many for "new?"

The point of my question?  If the same number of "new" bonus points are awarded to both competitors "B" & "C"
why not field the explorers in an earlier round to maximize "new" bonus points?

Nothing too serious here - just my curiosity.  And now I understand Goal Aggregate too!   ;)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »
B is all new so he gets the bonus. There is only one New Team Bonus for the team as a whole. The various theme aspects aren't considered separately for purposes of the new team bonus. As I already said, the new team bonus is entirely unconnected to the theme.

C gets no new team bonus, so he won't be maximising his bonus points by earlier posting of the explorers in another round. The explorers have been seen before so it doesn't count as a new team. He simply gets the theme bonuses.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:48:46 PM by Plynkes »

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 02:26:27 PM »
B is all new so he gets the bonus. There is only one New Team Bonus for the team as a whole. The various theme aspects aren't considered separately for purposes of the new team bonus. As I already said, the new team bonus is entirely unconnected to the theme.

C gets no new team bonus, so he won't be maximising his bonus points by earlier posting of the explorers in another round. The explorers have been seen before so it doesn't count as a new team. He simply gets the theme bonuses.

I'm glad you understand it..... o_o

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »

I'm glad you understand it..... o_o

Mmm.  Still not sure myself.   :?

So how about  Competitor "D"

Enters "new" team primitives in round 8.  Enters "new" team explorers in round 9.  Now has gained 20 "new" bonus points.  Puts both into round 10 along with Big Dino for maximum theme points but no "new" bonus. 

And competitor "E"  Ran out of time and enters five primitives and one big dino in round 10.  Although not maximizing Theme points they still get "new"  don't they?  Or is it a requirement to achieve the "new" bonus points there has to be 10 figures?

(I know this is not a big issue but now my curiosity is roused... ;) )