Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 639
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Season 3 Leaderboard  (Read 48341 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
C gets no new team bonus, so he won't be maximising his bonus points by earlier posting of the explorers in another round. The explorers have been seen before so it doesn't count as a new team. He simply gets the theme bonuses.

not really. Also the theme bonus teams have to be newly painted. If not, no bonus for C.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
Ah yes, that rule is tucked away in the Season 2 thread. Took me a while to find it. I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

That changes things a bit for me. I was going to enter some of my old Lost World stuff for the theme bonus (and not worrying about the 'new' bonus), as I have zero interest in ever painting any more of that kind of thing. As I won't even be getting that I may as well just paint something I want to paint instead. Have to think of something for my grand finale now! 
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »
C gets no new team bonus, so he won't be maximising his bonus points by earlier posting of the explorers in another round. The explorers have been seen before so it doesn't count as a new team. He simply gets the theme bonuses.

not really. Also the theme bonus teams have to be newly painted. If not, no bonus for C.

Ah yes, that rule is tucked away in the Season 2 thread. Took me a while to find it. I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

That changes things a bit for me. I was going to enter some of my old Lost World stuff for the theme bonus (and not worrying about the 'new' bonus), as I have zero interest in ever painting any more of that kind of thing. As I won't even be getting that I may as well just paint something I want to paint instead. Have to think of something for my grand finale now! 

Very glad I raised this now as I didn't realize. 

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »
Gentlemen, may I suggest that the LPL HQ Command collects all those "hidden" rules and clarifications under the main LPL-Rules topic? This discussion is currently under the Leaderboard-thread, and may be missed by some participants. Same is true for rules addenda in season 2.

I don't want to burden you with additional work, but simply think that it might help to get rid of repeating rules discussions.
 :)

Offline gregory privat

• Assistant
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »
I second the Admiral as it is stating to be very complicated to understand anything at what is happening. It would be good to have one post called "rules of the league" with only the rules, not open to discussion and that may eventually be modified when some special cases are raised. This being said, I first thought this was a fun competition and instead of that I see more and more rules arguing here and there. Kind of boring.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard (After Round 2)
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 11:18:45 PM »
Leaderboard after round 2

Plynkes has his nose just ahead of the pack...

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:47 PM »
D’oh!   :o

I was at 23, now I’m down to 35!  :'(

lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 11:38:52 PM »
Well you're winning your current match, so you'll soon be rocketing back up the table...  ;)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
I've got a funny feeling I am at the high point of my league participation this year, I am severely loosing my match.
Well done Captain, league is going very well. Did I miss your entry?

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 03:17:17 AM »

Well done Captain, league is going very well. Did I miss your entry?

My guess is that the Captain stepped aside to allow Pulper's entry.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:38 AM »
Aha! Down to 36, and being completely demolished for a third time! Last place will be mine yet!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »
Eep, going down  :D Let's see, if I drop 12 places each round I should end up... 117th?  :D :D

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »
Well, I lost round 2 to Dodge (well done, Dodge!) and yet I seem to have moved up from 20th to 18th.  I shall just have to keep losing!! :)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
Last place is mine, all mine! (That's what ordering your Germans late will do for you!)

I'm going to keep thinking that LPL is scored like rummy, lowest score is the winner!  lol

Actually, I appear to be winning my round 3 matchup so far, so I might have to surrender the coveted last place to someone else...

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
Well I can't see it ever getting this good for me again, so I'd better celebrate now, while I still can...

Say, I think everyone's just about had enough of the old LPL for this year, haven't they? It's been good fun but I think we're all kind of tired of it. What say we just knock it on the head now with the standings as they are. What do you think, lasses and lads?

Yeah?  ;)