Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:18:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Season 3 Leaderboard  (Read 48329 times)

Online Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »
Grimm has proven he is a solid finisher, but Plynkes, you're kicking butt, mate.

Keep the faith... there is going to be a great finish to this, already, awesome league.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 03:43:18 PM »
Plynkes
Suits me fine  ;)
Third equal is about 44 places better than I thought I would get and I have a feeling I am going to keep on going down the way.
So great competition, thanks for all the lovely pictures, see you all next year. Thank gods its finished I am knackered. ;)
 lol lol lol

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Season 3 Leaderboard PLEASE CHECK YOUR SCORES
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »
All,

Just to confirm the scoring criteria, it's

30 points for a win
20 points for a draw (where the match result is within 6 or less votes)
10 points for a loss

Plus

1 point for every 10 votes gained in a round to a maximum of 5 points

Plus

10 points for entering a newly painted team, or a team which has never before been pictured online.

Plus

Any extra 'theme' bonus for rounds 1, 5 and 10.

Please double-check your own score after 2 rounds to make sure I've allotted points correctly - in particular in respect of the 10 bonus points for a 'new' team. Most people have made a point of telling me with their entries whether their teams for rounds 2 (and 3) are genuinely 'new' entries.
A few people have not.
I've made the assumption that all replacement teams are new, unless you have advised me to the contrary when submitting your team.
So do please check that I haven't credited you with points which you're not entitled to. Let me know by PM if any adjustment is needed.
Just so we're clear, if your team has wholly or partially been pictured here or elsewhere on line before, it cannot be counted as a 'new' entry and does not qualify for the 10 bonus points.

Would be really helpful if all contestants could make a point of letting me know with each new team whether it is 'new' or has been shown before.

Thanks  :)

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 05:10:28 PM »
I really hate to be the one to mention this, because I am going to look real dumb.  All of the leaders in round 1 have 45 points.  But according to your post I get 55 points:

30 (win) + 5 (votes) + 10 (new) + 10 (german theme) = 55 ??

What did I misunderstand?

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »
No new bonus for rd. 1 I think? Sure I read it somewhere
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 05:16:53 PM »
As it says in the post that explains the calculations:

Plus 'super bonus' points for the themed rounds, obviously.
Plus, from round 2 onwards, bonus points for entering a new (i.e. new to the competition and also previously unpublished) team.

Hope that's all clear...

So the first entry does not give you points for being new.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:25:04 PM »
Yep. What they said.
All entries in round one are de facto  'new' in the competition - so no bonus.
The bonus from round 2 onwards is designed to encourage people to enter new teams in each round. But the 'new' bonus is qualified by the fact that the entry is supposed to be new. As opposed to something that has already been seen.
Simple as that really...  ;)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »
2 + 2 = 3 right?  ;D

As you can see I’m really not good at math but I find that "kind of useful" to know were we are ranking in the competition. It look to me like it’s a lot of work to put together this kind of things and all that "follow-up stuff" afterward (like these leaderboards). I couldn’t care less if I was the first one or the last one, I just enjoy seeing so much pictures of painted figures in all those different styles.  :-*
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:56:33 PM by Calimero »
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »
Thanks for the quick answers everyone!!! See told ya I was thick :D

@Captain Blood: In that case, all my points look correct!

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »
Some Great! stuff out there in the compitition, pheww! it's only round three  :o, I don't know about the others but what does one do for the later rounds! lol, I remember years ago painting was no where near this level and there was always room to improve but some of the stuff I see is just so perfect and the room for improvement has become so small! I love veiwing the different styles and techniques used, its a learning experiance you don't often get, that is the "Real Prize" in this compitition! and we ALL win it!!! Its also interesting to note the number of times some of the matches have been viewed! Shows how popular this has become! Hat's off to you all!

Regards,
Bill W. "vonkluge"
PS, "BLACK text to save your eyeballs, I get the message!  ::)

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Not to be a pain (which statement assures that I'm about to be a pain), but I don't think the new rules apply to any of the bonus rounds, or such was my understanding in Season 2.  Thus, for example, if I submit a new, never-before-seen team for Round 5, but it's not a mounted team (mounted, being the bonus theme in Round 5), then I don't earn the new-team bonus points.  According to my memory of Season 2, bonus rounds exist under a completely different set of rules.

Offline Tellus

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 06:23:37 PM »
I didn't took part in LPL 2 so I can't say how it was handled,but the Prof's official rules summery says for bonus rounds you get x matchpoints and the usual 10 points for entering a new team.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
I'm at a distinct disadvantage in this competition, I can't even add up a darts score lol
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 07:53:08 PM »
Well I can't see it ever getting this good for me again, so I'd better celebrate now, while I still can...

Say, I think everyone's just about had enough of the old LPL for this year, haven't they? It's been good fun but I think we're all kind of tired of it. What say we just knock it on the head now with the standings as they are. What do you think, lasses and lads?

Yeah?  ;)

*shakes a fist at Plynkes* I shall have you yet! I shall beat you and crush you!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »
Not to be a pain (which statement assures that I'm about to be a pain), but I don't think the new rules apply to any of the bonus rounds, or such was my understanding in Season 2.  Thus, for example, if I submit a new, never-before-seen team for Round 5, but it's not a mounted team (mounted, being the bonus theme in Round 5), then I don't earn the new-team bonus points.

Nope - you get a new team bonus for any rounds after round one in which you enter a new team.

The theme bonus points are awarded (or not) on top of this, if the entry meets the theme.