Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Redwall inspired Saga Age of Magic & Thud & Blunder project  (Read 882 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
I've been a big fan of Redwall Abbey for many years and have often though about the idea of gaming the battles between the mice and forest folk of Redwall Abbey and the various verminous hoards that trouble them.

This thread is going to chart my project to build some armies for Redwall style gaming using Saga Age of Magic & Thud & Blunder.

I started at the weekend putting together a unit of 'Warriors' for Clunnies Hoard. In Saga I will be using the Hoard Battle Board for them, and will need to develop an army list for Thud and Blunder.
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Redwall inspired Saga Age of Magic & Thud & Blunder project
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »
As a fan of the series too damn I love this! Way to start with one of the best armies in the series too!

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:53:51 PM »
Glad you like them.
They will be used as a unit of Warriors. They are based on Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago Crew figures, as I'm looking for a pirate sort of look. The heads and tails are Albedo Critter Conversion Kits.

My plan is to put a really basic 4 point starter army together, have a few games and develop it from there.

My other 3 points will be used for 12 Levies and 2 x 4 Hearthguard. I'm thinking off using some Gripping Beast Plastics Dark Age Warriors with slings or Dark Age Archers with rat heads and tails for the Levy and a mix of plastic Frostgrave bodies with double handed weapons for the Hearthguard.

I'll probably convert some metal pirate figures with rat heads and tails for Warlord & Lieutenant.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 08:40:39 AM »
Last night I converted some miniatures to serve as the Warlord and his trusty (until they see an opportunity to be Captain) Lieutenants.

I used the Crusader Miniatures 'Seadogs' pack from there Pirates range. https://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/epages/950003459.sf/secd20a979d84/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003459/Categories/Crusader_Miniatures/Crusader_Pirates

Heads snipped off with trusty GW yellow handle snipers, quick file flat, hole drilled to take peg on head and tail and then glued rat heads and tails from Albedo Critter Conversion Kits. www.acp164.com