Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689610
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ACW 15mm Brigade Fire & Fury, further test game.  (Read 835 times)

Offline Jabba

• Mad Scientist
    • Jabba's Wargaming
ACW 15mm Brigade Fire & Fury, further test game.
« on: March 20, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
Last Friday at NBHW four of sat down for our second test game of the updated Brigade Fire & Fury. This time we were looking to confirm some of our assumptions on plunging fire from our first game as well as getting to grips with some melees.

So I rolled up another game using the Pick up Game chapter from the rules. This time only one Corps per side and I reduced the amount of artillery the dice rolls generated.

We decided to use the same size table, 3' x 4', but this time played across the narrow dimension. The features were added to give us some of the conditions we wished to test.

Knowing that we were wanting to get some melees in this time the Confederate players wasted no time with their advances. Several double quick moves soon saw the forward Union division in combat whilst both sides artillery got stuck in with either plunging fire on the advancing / defending brigades or counter battery fire.

The main things learnt were, standing in the open on a hill in range of opposing artillery is a lot more dangerous now than it was with the previous version of the rules and remember to include any passing fire you can when calculating defensive fire against a charge, it can make a big difference.
We are still debating whether to give defensive attributes to fence lines as historically troops did hunker down behind these for extra cover.

More on my blog at Jabba's Wargaming

Tony
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:50:28 AM by Jabba »

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Re: ACW 15mm Brigade Fire & Fury, further test game.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »
The game looks fantastic, and this is how I learned that there's a new version of the game!
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures