Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Fireforge Games Plastic Fantasy Miniatures!  (Read 8897 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: New Fireforge Games Plastic Fantasy Miniatures!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 07:04:35 AM »
Seen a pic on Facebook and they are a lot bigger than their historical range.

Really? That seems like a waste of good modularity. Though as mentioned before these guys are supposed to be 3d prints, maybe the final plastics will end up "correctly" sized.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 09:56:41 AM »
As far as I know they are supposed to be 28mm!?
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Bloodsbane

• Scientist
  • AKA FKSN
    • I'm a drawer
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
They posted a size comparison on their facebook

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
As mentioned above, they remind me first of all of the old Advanced Heroquest henchmen.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »
Sizewise they seem to fit in perfectly, and going from this one picture, interchangability of parts with other ranges should not be too much of an issue either.

I for one am pretty interested. And not only because of a nostalgic streak (Hero Quest), but also because they seem destined for a future of many, many uses. Especially whem combined with all the new plastic mulitpart kits being issued by North Star and other manufacturers.

What a time to be alive... :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
They posted a size comparison on their facebook

That’s the pic seem to be frostgrave? Early Gw sized?

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
Bang on current GW human, since that's a current range Greatsword. A bit chunkier than the Greatsword guy, but so are all GW humans for 40k these days. Not that GW does many (any) human-sized figures for AoS, but they've notionally at least not changed scale.

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 06:26:47 PM »
Very interesting News, as mentioned earlier with all the other fireforge and frostgrave kits around there are a lot of possibilities for a Fantasy and/or GOT army.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »
Very interesting News, as mentioned earlier with all the other fireforge and frostgrave kits around there are a lot of possibilities for a Fantasy and/or GOT army.

We are reaching a point where I would love to be able to buy one of each of the frostgrave and fireforge sprues. What a cornucopia of options for rpg and skirmish models that would make!

Offline Loop

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 09:29:52 PM »
We are reaching a point where I would love to be able to buy one of each of the frostgrave and fireforge sprues. What a cornucopia of options for rpg and skirmish models that would make!

That is exactly what I do now (well, OK, sometimes it’s two sprues). Most of the Fireforge, Northstar, Perry, Warlord and Victrix sprues are available on eBay (in the UK at least).

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »
Looking on Google for Medieval helmet styles I get "Celeta Helmet" which seems pretty close. Or "Venetian Sallet".

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »
It’s a visorless sallet style, but no historical helmet I’ve seen has that empty bulbous crown or sits so high on the head. If you look at pictures of WOTR re-enactors (the Wars of the Roses being the epitome of the sallet age), you’re unlikely to see anything like those vaguely phallic HBO helmets with a big pocket of air on top of the head. Which is what the FF version is blatantly modelled on. They just look daft to me, but since it’s fantasy, I guess it matters not  :)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »
It’s a visorless sallet style, but no historical helmet I’ve seen has that empty bulbous crown or sits so high on the head. If you look at pictures of WOTR re-enactors (the Wars of the Roses being the epitome of the sallet age), you’re unlikely to see anything like those vaguely phallic HBO helmets with a big pocket of air on top of the head. Which is what the FF version is blatantly modelled on. They just look daft to me, but since it’s fantasy, I guess it matters not  :)

I wonder if it'd be effective? You could stuff the empty space with rags/straw/leather and it'd add extra padding in the style of a contemporary cycle helmet, could offer protection from bashing and being thrown around. The empty pocket could even serve to slow blows to the head, as a blow from a hammer or mace would dent the helm but not be certain of getting the skull.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 11:34:01 PM »
It's also where you stow your mid-battle beef jerky so it doesn't get wet or stolen.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »
It's also where you stow your mid-battle beef jerky so it doesn't get wet or stolen.

Just as I'm about to go to bed you mention beef jerky and now all i can think is how much I want beef jerky.
Damn your elbows elbows.