Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689614
  • Total Topics: 118287
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Fireforge Games Plastic Fantasy Miniatures!  (Read 8956 times)

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: New Fireforge Games Plastic Fantasy Miniatures!
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2018, 12:34:56 AM »
I swear I've seen similar helmets from a non-medieval-europe historical context. Ancient middle-east maybe?

At any rate, I don't mind the look of the mini. Interested in seeing more of this kit.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2018, 03:01:07 AM »
I personally like what we've seen so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the kit.

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2018, 07:01:57 AM »
Its cold in the north.
HBO got that right, very few northern soldiers wears uncovered chain or plate armour, leather is usually the outer layer. I bet those bulbous helmest are necessary because most northern soldiers wear knitted caps with tassels. Cause, you know, winter is coming.

I cant tell if the northern soldier is chunkier then the two comparison models or if he's just wearing more clothing. Frostgrave soldiers and barbarians should be perfect donorkits for head and weapon swaps.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2018, 09:40:24 PM »
Bang on current GW human, since that's a current range Greatsword. A bit chunkier than the Greatsword guy, but so are all GW humans for 40k these days. Not that GW does many (any) human-sized figures for AoS, but they've notionally at least not changed scale.
Not up to date on current gw ranges. :)

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
saw now this thread, here a new wip picture :)

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 08:49:31 AM »
I will certainly look out for them when (if) they get to retail.

Is there any news about the other ranges they propose?

As an aside, Fireforge have not looked at their website on a tablet, it has issues of visibility.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:54:33 AM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »
Lools like some decent Stark / Bolton fantasy army coming, and as it's fantasy, I won't like to discuss any historical references here. But as Fireforge has announced cavalry as well within the coming kickstarter, I must have to see horse models first (and no 3D's) as their current horses are not to my taste at all ...

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 10:57:08 AM »
Looking at the first models for the upcoming northern infantry, cavalry and archers (flaming arrows, that's so great) this will be the most interesting thing in the near future. As mentioned above this is looking like a Bolton Army and I am really sure that I will buy a lot of them...

... but one little thing crossed my mind. Wouldn't it be better to have other shields like those included in the foot sergeant boxes? The reason why: it would be much more easier (for me) to make own decals and most of the guys in GOT tv series wear medieval shields (here I ignore Greyjoy and those Boltons in the battle of the bastards)

Or second idea: wouldn't it be great to have two different shield options in every box? It's only my idea and I would be happy to hear your opinion. 

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
Lools like some decent Stark / Bolton fantasy army coming, and as it's fantasy, I won't like to discuss any historical references here. But as Fireforge has announced cavalry as well within the coming kickstarter, I must have to see horse models first (and no 3D's) as their current horses are not to my taste at all ...
It is not only the horse, what is their problem. Some of the Middleage-stuff is also not really made for make us in times of the plastic Perrys happy...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 04:14:29 PM »
We are reaching a point where I would love to be able to buy one of each of the frostgrave and fireforge sprues. What a cornucopia of options for rpg and skirmish models that would make!

Check sleazebay if you haven't already. I've only bought single sprues in the past and most of them seem to be up there.

As always when a new kit comes out, looking forward to seeing what Captian Blood does with them!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 04:43:06 PM »
I thought the horse renders they showed on facebook looked decent enough, but then they went and posted Richard Lionheart on a god awful derp steed. Fingers crossed they get it right at laest this one time.

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
Think the horses look rather good, check the new preview.

By the way, make sure to check this post as I keep adding new pictures when they appear.

http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2018/03/breaking-fireforge-games-fantasy.html
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 04:21:36 PM »
Great NMM painting ...

The horse, well, looks decent enough overall, but the hooves seem to be massive, the legs a tad too short? Must see other pics and views.