Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Do you think Perry's will do plastic Afghan tribesmen?  (Read 5654 times)

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: Do you think Perry's will do plastic Afghan tribesmen?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 11:20:23 PM »
I doubt it but they would be welcome if only as a source of conversion parts. For those getting too excited about their application to the Soviet-Afghan War and beyond it’s worth noting that Afghan fashion hasn’t stayed static since the 1880s. If you want one or two additional figures with .303 rifles have a look at the Empress Jazz Age Afghans, there are a couple of useful figures in there.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
Indeed, those flat brown hats that look like they've been pinched from a BBC Tudor drama's props cupboard seem much more prevalent than in previous centuries, almost to the point of ubiquity.

And despite a brief resurgeance during the flower power era, the poshteen seems to have gone almost entirely out of fashion.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline nervisfr

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Ch'ti Ré-Animator
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 10:09:28 AM »
I have a feeling that a box of plastic Afghan tribesmen could be very interesting as they could be used for far more than just the the Colonial period.

I am sure that the some arms with WW2 Lee Enfield rifles would make them suitable for the 1979 -1989 Russian / Afghan War.
Some AK47s etc would make them suitable for the conflicts from 2001 to now.

I don't know the pre Colonial history, but I am sure that given spears, bows and swords, they could be used back to the Crusades period.

I second that too.
I did it with the Esci 1/72 Ansar set for modern guerrilla warfare
Frenchy Eric, aka Ch'ti Eric or Re-Animator
"J'ai bon caractere mais j'ai le glaive vengeur et le bras seculier"

http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.fr[

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 08:05:31 PM »
Indeed, those flat brown hats that look like they've been pinched from a BBC Tudor drama's props cupboard seem much more prevalent than in previous centuries, almost to the point of ubiquity.

And despite a brief resurgeance during the flower power era, the poshteen seems to have gone almost entirely out of fashion.

Back in the ‘seventies every Afghan and his dog were huge fans of Keith Michell and Glenda Jackson. I think it was the bit about six wives that kicked it all off.

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 04:02:39 PM »
The next two or three Perry plastic sets will be unveiled at Salute next month. Afghans won't be one of them but my guess would be more medievals and Napoleonics as these tend to sell well. 

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2018, 08:13:19 PM »
Weren't they talking about WW2 Yanks for the Med at some point? Dunno if that was intended as plastic or metal.

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 09:32:39 AM »
Plastic Italians for WW2 would have been nice but I guess that won't happen with all the metal ones they brought out. It has to be something for a bread and butter period like Napoleonic to keep the coffers filling. 

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 12:37:54 AM »
The next two or three Perry plastic sets will be unveiled at Salute next month. Afghans won't be one of them but my guess would be more medievals and Napoleonics as these tend to sell well.

So let's speculate....what does everyone think the Perry Twins will unveil for Salute in the plastic range?

I think Arthur has it about right, as those two periods do well. That said, given they have done a lot of Medievals already what is left to do? They have done plenty of infantry, and even some cavalry....so what is left to do? This is not my period - although I dabble - so I really don't know.

As for Napoleonic's, well the Chasseurs a Cheval are long overdue, and will be most welcome. I would guess that a box of plastic Portuguese might be a possibility, as the Warlord ones are not so good (I know, I have a box sitting collecting dust....  :'( ). I would also guess another box of cavalry, perhaps something for the Austrians, Russians, etc....although not sure if these would be big sellers compared to something British...like a box of heavy cavalry. Such a box could cover both early and later uniforms, with different torsos and heads. Just like the Perry's did for their Lt Dragoon box. Possible.

So again, what do all of you think the Perry brothers will unveil at Salute??? Let the speculation begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 12:53:45 AM »
HYW cavalry is something the twins more or less confirmed they would do in the fullness of time (though they didn't say when), so that set might be a potential contender.

Then again Alan and Michael may very well come up with something entirely unexpected and completely out of left field. 

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 07:28:52 PM »
Then again Alan and Michael may very well come up with something entirely unexpected and completely out of left field.
I expect 1864 danish-Prussian-war. But maybe they suprise with more carlist-stuff.

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 10:12:09 PM »
 I think the following sets are the obvious choices for plastic releases;

1.   Austrian Napoleonic Hussars
2.   British Napoleonic Heavy Cavalry and/or Scots Greys
3.   Cowboys and Indians playset complete with cacti, tepees and settler wagons...

That last one is just to illustrate that they can do just about anything and people will buy them lol
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 11:02:23 PM »
Oh I can do this too.....
Franco-Prussian war French and Prussian starter boxes.  lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 08:19:10 PM »
Honestly, 40mm Great War, they also become older. And 28mm are for the young ones... ;)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 05:00:48 AM »
Only one day until we know for sure...

Offline Bindonblood

• Librarian
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
Honestly, 40mm Great War, they also become older. And 28mm are for the young ones... ;)

God I hope not. I have enough figures unpainted to last me until I am 90..... :(