Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689531
  • Total Topics: 118283
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: ZONA ALFA: Salvage and Survival in the Exclusion Zone (New Bat Rep:2 June)  (Read 45966 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
I appreciate your patience, comrade.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Some Zona Alfa work; minor mods to make distinct figs for Yuri's crew.

More photos at: https://stalker7.com/2019/09/09/zona-alfa-yuris-crew/

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice work on Uri's crew.  They look like neither Scientists nor Accountants.  :)
As to figures overall, since I play mostly solo or with one other gamer, I find that I have enough figures to choose from sticking with the LA models.  I'm not keen on mixing manufacturers.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:25:24 AM by NickNascati »

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
I think you mentioned it in another thread, but where are the dog creatures from?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Dog creatures? You mean the ones in pairs on the larger base? If so, those are Malifaux Corrupted Hounds.

(The Malifaux concept and range is pretty fascinating. Not sure about a table top wargame with no dice tho...)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yep, those are the ones.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
Not to sound like an ass, but what seperates this from This Is Not A Test ? Beyond the STALKER theme compared to TINATs Fallout theme ?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Good question. Can't answer tho - I don't know anything about 'This is Not a Test'.

Guess I'll have to wait to hear what people think when ZA released in January. 

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
Not to sound like an ass, but what seperates this from This Is Not A Test ? Beyond the STALKER theme compared to TINATs Fallout theme ?

Sounds like you should buy ZA and provide a thoughtful review and comparison of the two rule sets  ;)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
It is a fair question. I just don't know TNT well enough to answer. Or Across the Dead Earth, Last Days, Wasteland Warriors, etc. 

On a larger scale, what separates one rules set from another? Theme? Scale of battle? Level of detail? Degree of realism? Game mechanics? Dice types? How many ways are there to game with toy soldiers?

Not like I reinvented the wheel or came up with some ingenious new mechanism. Zona Alfa is a pretty simple game that leans into the STALKER/METRO 2033 aesthetic.

From my perspective, it's a privilege to be able to make something and contribute. Some folks will like it. Some won't.  Hopefully enough will that Osprey will recover their investment and make money. And people will still be playing and enjoying ZA in the future.

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
Just to chime in here, I think that what I’m really excited bout is how you have presented the back drop, background, flavor of the setting. I enjoy getting rulesets not just or specifically for the mechanics but for the lore that will allow me to let my imagination run amok in these fantastical places and put my miniatures on the table with the scenery and play. ZA is as different from TNT as it is from 40K to me. So I look forward to getting a copy and trying it out.
My 2 cents
I should be painting right now.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com

Received an advance copy in the mail yesterday. I knew it was happening but taking it out of the envelope was pretty epic.
Still slated for a Jan 2020 release, so there's plenty of time to paint up your STALKER crews.
Have an excellent day, comrades.   

https://www.amazon.com/Zona-Alfa-Survival-Exclusion-Wargames/dp/1472835697/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=zona+alfa&qid=1573131181&sr=8-1JY

Some STALKER stories to put you in the mood:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07812SJGY/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i5

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TY2YCJQ/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i6

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
And here at Wargames Illustrated, we got our advance copy as well, which will be given the flipthrough treatment next week.

Well done sir, I see a lot of different types of ruleset but this is one I'd happily play, simple but effective approach, nice rules system, great use of background and all in 64 pages!

Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Thanks very much. That was the idea.

I hope my fellow STALKERS find it useful on their trips into the Zone.

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Great to see that the ZONE is so close to being released into the unsuspecting world! :)
I Will definitely buy this one when it hits Wargame Vault as pdf!