Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689697
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some 7TV 2nd Edition Questions  (Read 1376 times)

Offline AzSteven

• Scientist
Some 7TV 2nd Edition Questions
« on: March 22, 2018, 04:24:02 PM »
Perhaps obliviousness on my part, but I didn't see a rules forum on the Crooked Dice site.  I did the pre-order/Kickstarter for the 2nd edition of 7TV, and it is EXTREMELY impressive - they did an awesome job on layout and organization.  The presentation is simply amazing.  A friend and I tried out a scenario last week, and enjoyed it greatly.  However, it did elicit some questions...

1 - The calculation of Strike # described in the 'roll your own' character builder guidelines on page 37 don't seem to match up with what is shown for minions and soldiers armed with Rifles and SMGs.  It almost looks like they just used the SMG modifier for all weapons.  Am I missing something here?

2 - The Unit Commander ability has a description on the card and there is a somewhat different description text in the rulebook.  It generated a question about the orders given; do all figures in the unit, if given an Aim or Shoot order, have to Aim or Shoot at the same target?

3 - The Evil Scientist has an ability to create a Spontaneous Mutation on a friendly figure, allowing that figure to make a Spontaneous Mutation attack.  However, I am unable to find anything that says what that actually means or does.

Anyone have answers for these?  Nothing in these questions caused the game to be unplayable; I just noted the question, made up an off-the-cuff answer and moved on, but I figured it worthwhile to seek clarity.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Some 7TV 2nd Edition Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:05:18 PM »
There was an accident on the forum last year, not sure what is happening with it.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »
Thanks for picking up 7TV!

The forum is dead I’m afraid. It was being held together with string and brown paper and started to cause server issues, so it had to go!

I’ll get back to you on those specific questions shortly.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline AzSteven

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »
Any updates?  I am guessing some gaming conventions are pulling at your time.   :)

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
Any updates?  I am guessing some gaming conventions are pulling at your time.   :)

Sorry! Yes, just a bit! Will get back to you shortly :)

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 07:54:12 AM »
Perhaps obliviousness on my part, but I didn't see a rules forum on the Crooked Dice site.  I did the pre-order/Kickstarter for the 2nd edition of 7TV, and it is EXTREMELY impressive - they did an awesome job on layout and organization.  The presentation is simply amazing.  A friend and I tried out a scenario last week, and enjoyed it greatly.  However, it did elicit some questions...

1 - The calculation of Strike # described in the 'roll your own' character builder guidelines on page 37 don't seem to match up with what is shown for minions and soldiers armed with Rifles and SMGs.  It almost looks like they just used the SMG modifier for all weapons.  Am I missing something here?

2 - The Unit Commander ability has a description on the card and there is a somewhat different description text in the rulebook.  It generated a question about the orders given; do all figures in the unit, if given an Aim or Shoot order, have to Aim or Shoot at the same target?

3 - The Evil Scientist has an ability to create a Spontaneous Mutation on a friendly figure, allowing that figure to make a Spontaneous Mutation attack.  However, I am unable to find anything that says what that actually means or does.

Anyone have answers for these?  Nothing in these questions caused the game to be unplayable; I just noted the question, made up an off-the-cuff answer and moved on, but I figured it worthwhile to seek clarity.

1, Checking my rule book it is calculated by the models shoot value +3 for all those weapon types. Pistol, Rifle and SMG?

Minions have a shoot Value of 3
Soldiers have a shoot Value of 4

2, Can you point me out to the specific card please? I am not sure which effect your describing with the aim/shoot order.

As a rule a model (all models activates separately one by one so can shoot at whoever they like)

3, The details for the spontaneous mutation are on the characters card (very bottom attack).
The scientist pays a plot point then an extra in your cast chosen by the owning player gets a free strike using the details on the mad scientists card for the cost of a plot point.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »
Also if you need quick rules queries etc and you are on facebook there is a 7TV Group called

7TV Productions
https://www.facebook.com/groups/188837951843521/