Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:09:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: French 75mm mountain gun : done and released  (Read 8103 times)

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
Re: French 75mm mountain gun, work in progress
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »
Lou, I think there is an esoteric band of us who would love Micheal to do some more French, Italian and British colonial troops for North and East African side show campaigns. Italian askari are at the top of my list

Lybian askaris , meharists ... yes ...

Old Glory make one. The gun isn’t bad, the crew are their usual dross but there are plenty of useful crew figures elsewhere.

IIRC I’ve seen another one somewhere.

the other one is from Scarab miniatures
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline Genialjim

• Librarian
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 01:06:46 PM »
Carlos,

I am afraid I’m one of those dreadful wargamers who is a little OCD about figure size. I have a sizeable collection of Paul great SCW and VBCW minitures but feel the proportions don’t quite work with the Perry’s WW2 figures but admit I’m probably being overly prescriptive about size  ;)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »
Just think of them as big, strapping lads from Eritrea, next to titchy little buggers from Barnsley and Bologna.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Genialjim

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
 lol

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »
i dream of some Nomad Group minis from Michael Perry  ;) suitable for Leclerc Forces in Chad, but also Saharian southern front Vichy French ... and interwar ... and i love camels  :-*

Lou, anything is possible with Michael Perry. I would like to see some Libyans etc for the Italians.

All the best.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 06:17:30 AM »
Old Glory make one. The gun isn’t bad, the crew are their usual dross but there are plenty of useful crew figures elsewhere.

So pretty much a complete waste of cash, time and paint if I could buy one with a Perry crew at some future point. 

:)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 06:58:52 AM »
So pretty much a complete waste of cash, time and paint if I could buy one with a Perry crew at some future point. 

:)

Depends on your needs and the pressing nature of them. The gun is quite decent and you get some bonus, vaguely anthropomorphic, fishing weights that come with it. :)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 07:46:17 AM »
Older and wiser, I've managed to curb the impulse-buying of shiny objects. Although 'buy it' has never been my Pavlovian response when it comes to Old Glory.

I'm quite content now to sit and watch quality ranges flourish or fail and then buy-in if one of the odd niche conflicts that interest me becomes a viable project. It saves on possessing a lead/plastic ziggurat devoted to the god of incomplete and half-assed ranges.

It hasn't worked out any cheaper for all that, but what is bought gets used.  :)

Interwar-WWII Mid-East/East Africa via the Perrys is next on the cards for me and like Lou and others, I'm hoping that the currently-missing Libyans, French Méharistes and maybe even some Senussi, will make their appearance in due course.

Offline cromojaro

• Librarian
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 10:12:32 AM »
FYI the Pak 38(R) should be coming out some time from Perry's...

I kown it. Alan Perry wrote me long time ago (december 2017).

Any other suggestions? North Africa/not done before/unusual are good criteria.

Probably nobody done this: the SFH 18 150mm limbered

A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 10:38:07 AM »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually field whacking great howitzers on a table in this scale? Tinky-plinky AT guns and infantry guns I get. A really big gun like a siege gun/ Morser Karl type affair might possibly make an objective, and almost certainly makes a terrain feature but I’m not sure of the virtues of medium guns as gaming pieces. Few enough games in 28mm seem to be much beyond platoon (+) sized affairs and most commecial rules seem to cater to that level. I can’t imagine there are too many people assembling whole batteries of field guns and fielding them unless they are playing a 28mm version of FoW.

For collectors of guns I would have thought that either 1/72 or 1/35 offers far more scope and much more detailed models.

Don’t get me wrong, I like seeing well executed models in this scale but I am curious as to what people use them for, if anything beyond display pieces.

Offline cromojaro

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually field whacking great howitzers on a table in this scale?

For playing Bolt Action.

Offline molecatcherjohn

• Student
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
there's a challenge...after all, I did do the 5.5" for the British. The 37mm is going on the list (cuteness is a factor as well, I must admit - or hugeness!).

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 01:19:36 AM »
there's a challenge...after all, I did do the 5.5" for the British. The 37mm is going on the list (cuteness is a factor as well, I must admit - or hugeness!).

Hi John,

Both guns would be lovely to see. The 37mm is cute! The 15cm would make a lovely vignette with its tractor and crew.

All the best,

Helen

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 01:24:39 AM »
For playing Bolt Action.

Heer 46 is about to release the  Italien Cannone da 149/40 in 1:56. This will make a fine addition to my Regio Esercito collection.

I can see the potential for a  SFH 18 15cm limbered. I for one would love for this to occur to make a lovely vignette as a towed artillery piece.

Cheers!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 02:18:44 AM »
Interwar-WWII Mid-East/East Africa via the Perrys is next on the cards for me and like Lou and others, I'm hoping that the currently-missing Libyans, French Méharistes and maybe even some Senussi, will make their appearance in due course.

Hi Jim, There was a response by the Perries on Facebook back in December 2016 to a question on North and East African troops. The reply was "I need to make some."

I know Michael loves the early period of WW2. Besides Tunisia/Sicily 43, the early North and East African campaigns are a favourite of mind too.

All the best,
Helen