Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:46:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Skirmish Project Hills and Rocky Outcroppings  (Read 644 times)

Offline Stark2004

• Schoolboy
Skirmish Project Hills and Rocky Outcroppings
« on: March 26, 2018, 07:10:51 AM »
Hello all, I am a big fan of skirmish games, mainly fantasy. Long time lurker but thought I would post a project I am working on to make modular hills.

When I started this project I wanted to make some hills I could fit together in various ways and used a 3d cad program to make the shells of the project. After that it has been a lot of modeling and now silicone mold and casting with resin. Each individual piece is about 1-1/4” tall and about a little over 3” parallel side to side.

So far I finally painted up and have three hills that can combine with a couple other pieces into a two level hill.

One day i might cast up enough pieces to cover a 4x4 board.

First image is of pieces all disassembled.

Second image is three hills, all only “1-level”

Third is a “2-level hill” using all three hills and a 3 extra pieces (not seen)

Worked on making a few modular inserts for added variety (and also to be able to put some tree stumps in future!) I figure modular hills with modular inserts will get me more variation.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Skirmish Project Hills and Rocky Outcroppings
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:52:25 AM »
Genious idea, done with great craftsmanhip! You can achieve millions of variations! Congrats! Good luck to your project!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi