Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686488
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wargaming weekend in Devon - 12th/13th of May  (Read 754 times)

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Wargaming weekend in Devon - 12th/13th of May
« on: March 27, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a gaming weekend in May?
My friends and I have had a couple of gaming meets up over the last few months, and thought we'd open it to other folks to get a bit more variety going. So if you fancy a couple of days gaming, with somewhere to kip overnight inbetween, then read on...

The venue is in Hemyock, Devon.
Start time ~1230 Saturday, with games hopefully starting at 1300. Finishing ~1530 Sunday. I think that some of us will be going to the Legionary wargames show in Exeter Saturday morning so please come along if you fancy that too.

Unfortunately there will be a small charge to cover the cost of the hall, £5 paid in advance.
We need a certain number of attendees to make this worth running - if we don't get atleast 12 people by a week before, we will cancel the weekend and issue refunds. (We reserve the right to refuse entry or eject anyone for poor or anti-social behaviour.)

If you are thinking about coming, please contact me for more details and to pay for your place
If you're on Facebook I can also add you to the discussion group

Venue details:
The venue is a scout hall that we often use for reenactment training. It has a long hall, which can have lots of tables (including a pair of table-tennis tables for the aspirational wargamer or mega-boardgamer), as well as a 'lounge' area with cooker, microwave, kettle (we should provide some tea/coffee/milk but if you are an avid drinker please bring extra), 3 sofas, a table-football table, a pool table, a decent size TV and an Xbox. Alas it is not dog friendly and there are no showers.
Hemyock the village has 2 shops and a pub a short walk away. Wellington is a short (15 min ish) drive away and has the usual amenities one would expect from a town
There's plenty of car parking, and we are able to spend the Saturday night at the venue in sleeping bags on the hall floor. Not great luxury, but it is cheap. Games stop in the long hall at 2200 Saturday so folks can get some kip. They normally resume about 1000 Sunday morning.
The main issue is that we have to take our rubbish away with us, so please bring a bin bag and leave space in the car to fit it in at the end of the weekend!

Table wise we have 2 ping pong tables, a dozen or so 6x2 folding tables, a pool table and assorted 2x2 card tables.
Sadly it's a 'bring your own scenery' deal at the moment as we don't have any storage facilities.

We will happily accept any games system, wargame or board game. I think there are currently plans for games of 40k, Maelstroms Edge, (new) Necromunda, SAGA, Across the Dead Earth and American (un)Civil War along with some Zombicide and Last Night on Earth.
There are also usually casual board games running alongside most other things. We usually have a painting area set up too.

If you have a partner, spouse, lover, overly-affectionate housemate, gaming buddies or tame gerbil that loves gaming, please feel free to pass this message along to them too.
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Re: Wargaming weekend in Devon - 12th/13th of May
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
As an enthusiast living in Wellington, I hope I will make it!